Chapter 46

A chilling, cold shiver rips through me and I wrap the blanket around me tighter. I then flip my pillow over to the dry side, to avoid lying in my wet, pillow which is covered in my sweat. The headache that invades my body prevents me from sleeping, and I toss and turn, having to refocus my dizzy mind every time I blink or move.

Pain ripples through me and I try to move, but my arms are pinned down on to the seat, the same breeze meets with me and I scream, I scream for as loud as I can but no one comes. Not even my father, who made a promise that he would always come. I keep screaming as pain protrudes through my body. A screeching cry weakens me up and i look over to the source in the corner of the room. A small bundle is lying in a pile of blankets, screaming. I walk over to try and stop the ear piercing noise. It's Eve. As I pick her up, her body goes limp and her eyes shut. The noise has silenced completely. She's still dead.

I snap back to reality and flinch as an aching pain spreads through my skin. I cry out in pain, for anything - for drugs to curb this horrific feeling. I cry for my parents, and Hayley who are the only people with a slight chance to make it better. I cry for my best friend, who would normally provide me some drugs, but those times are gone and I am all alone in this terrifying state. I swing my arm down to clench the bucket by the side of my bed, with one swift move I bring it up to meet me, and at the same time I heave my body forward, hurling the contents of my stomach in to it. The disgusting taste of bile lingers in my mouth and I spit in to the bucket twice, in an attempt to make it better. I've been at this a few days, no one to help me, just to let me go to the toilet and give me water. People come in to help me wash, take my temperature and make sure I'm not dead. I'm so exhausted. I try to stand up, only to collapse on the floor as my weak body gives up.

A knock on the door startles me, and in comes Ben. He gives me a sympathetic look and walks over.

"You've got a session today, Buddy. Shall we get some clothes on?" He asks. I sit up on the bed, exhausted. after absolutely no sleep. I almost fall back on the bed, dizzy and weak. Ben looks about my room and comes towards me with a couple items of clothing. I steady myself to stand up, and I walk to the bathroom, stumbling a couple of times. His hands reach for my pyjama t-shirt, which is soaked with sweat. He peels it off and hands me a wet cloth, I rub it over my face and body, the water temporarily soothing the burning sensation. Then he hands me another loose fitting t-shirt and i put it on, we continues this procedure with my bottom half, slipping on clean boxers and loose sweatpants. Then with his help, I walk to the therapy room clenching a bucket. As we enter the room, there is a glass of water and a jug on a table next to my usual spot on the couch. I gulp the liquid down and enjoy the cool feeling in my scratchy, itchy throat. I lie down on the couch, still holding the bucket. I gag in to it a couple times, but nothing comes out. A door opens and closes, when I look up I see my parents concerned faces looking over me, sitting up to let them have some space, my head pounds and I close my eyes.

"How are you feeling?" My father asks. I open my eyes and glare at them.

"How do you fucking think." I spit, not intending it as a question. He looks away and takes a seat at the other end of the couch. Amelia taking a seat in the middle next to me. She reaches over and refills the glass with water, and then hands it to me.

"Please keep drinking plenty." She tells me. I ignore her, which only leads her to putting the glass to my mouth. Annoyed, I take it from her and continue to take small sips.

Sarah comes in moments later and sits down in her usual spot. "How are you feeling Michael?" She asks me first. I look at her and answer, to show My parents I am only angry at them.