Chapter Twenty Seven

I walk over to the dresser, folding up the rest of my clothes and ramming them in the bottom drawer. I close it and take a few steps back, admiring my new, clean room. The wardrobe is full, both dressers are full and the bathroom is loaded with all my own shampoo, soap and toothpaste. I'm finally all settled in to my room - it's only taken three hours, not including the break I took for lunch. I sit on my bed and take out my phone, opening a message from Hayley.

Have you asked your dad about tomorrow? x

I remember Jacob is throwing a party tomorrow to celebrate me moving in with my Dad. I slide off my bed and make my way to the living room, where my Dad and Amelia are watching TV. they both turn to look at me as I walk in.

"Hey." I say happily. My dad flashes a quick smile.

"All done?" He asks, turning away from the TV. I smile and nod. He smiles back again.

"So, you Know this is a huge event in my life and I'm really happy? Well my friend Jacob is throwing a party tomorrow night, for me of course and obviously it would be awesome if I could go but like, obviously I'd have to ask you guys If I can go." I say, hoping they'll say yes. My Dad looks at me with a blank expression. He nudges Amelia, who's nestled in to him, already looking at me, she raises an eyebrow and nods, he then looks back at me and takes a deep breath.

"No Alcohol, no smoking, no drugs, you stay out of trouble and you better be home by midnight - and that's a special exception for tomorrow. Every other night you be in by nine-thirty. Understand?" He says with a serious look. I nod.

"Yes, thank you." My face breaks in to a smile and I take a seat on the sofa across from them and join them watching TV. I don't even know what I'm watching but I take out my phone and text Hayley.

I can go I'll be at yours for six x

My head slams in to the wall, a strong, hard fist is thrown at me several times. I try to avoid it - but I fall to the floor instead, making myself more vulnerable. I see blood on the floor beside me, a lot of it. My mouth fills with it as I scream for help, I start to put all my energy in to screaming, hoping someone will come this time. The familiar breeze meets my body and then the same pain comes immediately after. I scream again and again, crying as loud as I can. I hear someone shout my name in the distance, although it's not my mother - she never comes. I feel gentle hands on my shoulders and the unknown person shouts my name again.

I shoot up, sitting bolt upright. The sweat is pouring off me again, my face meets with my Fathers. His hands firmly on my shoulders. I'm sleepy, and not really aware of what's going on. The light is on and Amelia is standing at the door, holding Oscar by the collar. She and my Dad both look extremely concerned.

"She didn't come." I whisper, unaware of what I'm saying.

"It was just a dream." My dad reassures me, Rubbing my shoulders. I shake my head sleepily.

"It was real. She didn't come, she didn't help me. She let him..." I stutter incoherently, tears dribbling from my eyes. My Dad wraps his arms around me and pulls me in to his shoulder, a couple of minutes later, I fall back on to my pillow and my duvet is placed over me again, my eyes shut without hesitation.

A wet, slimy object rubs across my face, I open my eyes, only to be greeted my Oscars tongue. My hand pushes him away, as I climb out of bed and walk to the bathroom, my hand reaches immediately to turn the shower on. I climb in and my body catches the hot water. When I climb out, I reach for the towel and walk in to my bedroom, I throw on a red, long sleeved t-shirt and old blue jeans, along with grey trainers. My phone tells me it's 10:37. I walk downstairs and into the kitchen, helping myself to toast and jam. I'm in the middle of pouring myself some apple juice when Amelia walks in behind me.