Chapter Eight - 2 Weeks Later.

Two Weeks Later - Chapter eight

I look out the front window, staring in to the car park. Today is the day. Today is the day I meet my Father. I feel a little bit tired, although that may be down to the lack of food. I've lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks. I'm quite proud. I've never really been able to do anything right. A black, shiny Audi A7 pulls in to the car park. I guess that's his. I've been told he's rich. He's rich and I've been stuck in here for almost three years. I walk away, I'm slightly scared. I go in to a secluded room and breathe. I don't think I can do this. I take a pill out of my pocket and contemplate putting it in my mouth. I do it. I'm sorry. I just can't. Everything goes fuzzy for a second and then back to normal. I realise someone is shouting my name, it's Lauren. She comes in to the room and looks right at me.

"Michael? Katherine and your Father are waiting in the meeting room."

"I can't... I don't think I can." I'm frightened. She walks closer to me and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"You can. Of course you can. You could be happy. Let go of what happened, let yourself be happy." She tears up. Why is she doing that. How do I react. She quickly composes herself. "Do you want to do this?" I nod. She leads me to the office, I take a minute before entering.

I walk in and look directly towards the young man sitting in the chair in the corner. He looks right at me, brushing his hand through his brown hair. He is sporting three-day stubble and wearing a red t-shirt with tight fitting jeans, although they weren't too tight. He stands up, I see that he's round about 6'1 and weight about 150 pounds. He walks over and holds out his hand.

"Hi, Michael."I take his hand and shake it.

"You alright?" I stutter. We both sit down and Katherine begins.

"I understand you both might have a lot if questions, there will be a chance to ask them and answer some." She says, looking us both in the eye. I look at the man sitting across from me, he looks almost exactly like me, except a tiny bit taller and I'm a tiny bit skinnier. He looks at me and I quickly look away. I don't want him looking at me. I've never really made eye contact with anyone since that night, I'm not sure why. It just seems uncomfortable. He takes out his phone, it's an iphone. There's a surprise. He checks the time and quickly puts it away. I was unaware that Katherine was muttering shit for the last fifteen minutes, as I zoned back in to present day I realise that she was speaking about all the procedures and policies around me and my Father getting to know each other. There's a whole list of rules, although I haven't been able to follow any of them. A few minutes later there is a knock at the door, Ben pokes his head through and looks directly at me.

"Michael, mate. Do you want to come and get something to eat now or do you want to wait till later?" He's being nice and it is strange to see.

"Later, thanks." I reply. Trying to be nice back. He nods and leaves, closing the door behind him. I look at Katherine and then my eyes quickly dart to my father who is away to speak.

"I know this is rushing things a bit, but will there be a contact meeting where we will be alone?" He asks, his voice is deep, but friendly. Katherine clears her throat.

"You can arrange that, although. Yes, there will be. We need to start discussing and planning what you would like from these contact meetings. Are you looking at Michael living with you full time?" She says flipping open a book. My father looks at me and then back to Katherine.

"I do, but only if that's what Michael wants." He looks at me and I nod in agreement. Of course this is what I want. I've been waiting my whole life to meet him. Katherine nods and looks at her book.

"As you are his biological father, and on his birth certificate. You do have rights, which means this can happen quickly. We'll arrange the next contact and we can get this show on the road." She says smiling. I cringe at the last sentence coming out her mouth. Let's not do that Katherine. Ben pokes his head in the door again, summoning me to come and eat, to be honest that's the last thing I want to do.

"Come on, mate. Let the adults speak." He says trying to be friendly again. I look at him. Why is he shoving food down my throat. I'm not hungry.

" I'm not hungry, can't I just go out?" I ask, knowing there's no way out if this.

"Nah, the last time you ate was yesterday lunch. Let's go." I get up and storm out of the room. Not looking at anyone else or saying goodbye. I walk through to the empty Dining room and sit down to a plate of chicken nuggets and chips. Ew. I'm not eating that. I look at Lauren who is cleaning up. I think quick.

"Lauren? Can I have a napkin to blow my nose please?" Putting on a soppy voice. She smiles and nods and walks through to the kitchen. While she's away I take handfuls off the plate and put them in my hoodie pockets. When she wanders through, I have a half empty plate already.

"Hungry?" She asks handing my the napkin.

"Thanks." I say taking it off her. She walks away and into the hallways, while she's gonna again, i scoop up what's left and shove it in to my napkin. No one will ever find out.