Chapter twenty-five

Chapter twenty-five

I'm punched and slammed to the ground. A warm, wet sensation trickles down my head on to my my face - it's blood, I can taste it. A searing pain hits me multiple times, too many to count. There's a ripping sound and then a breeze, I shout and scream for someone to help me, I wait for my mother to come running, but she doesn't. Another agonising pain protrudes up and through my broken and beaten body, I scream again - but still nothing, I scream for my mother, but before she comes, a dark cloud washes over me, and then complete darkness.

She didn't come this time either.

I spring forward in to the darkness, wiping the sweat and tears from my face. I peel back the covers and sprint to the bathroom, taking off my soaked t-shirt. I turn on the cold tap, splashing the cold water on my body and face. I look at myself in the mirror, I can almost see the bruised and swollen face that was once mine, it makes me shiver. I take a deep breath and put my t-shirt back on, walking out of the bathroom and through to the kitchen. I reach for a glass, putting all my concentration on being silent. Turning on the tap, I allow my glass to fill with water, looking at the clock on the wall, it's two a.m. My hand pulls the glass away from the sink, and I turn off the tap then take a seat at the dining room table. I realise how quiet it is, with literally no noise apart from the humming of the refrigerator. Putting my empty glass back in the kitchen, my exhausted feet carry me to bed. Walking in to my room and collapsing on to my bed, I am asleep before my head collides with the pillow.