Chapter 37

A loud rap on the door Wakes me up.

"Michael. Amelia and I have to leave for work now. Can we trust you to get yourself to class?

"Yeah." I mumble from underneath the blanket.

"Ok, don't be late and I'll pick you up at two o'clock, remember Katherine is coming round. Behave and don't let us down." He continues.

"Ok." Is all I manage to say in my sleepy state. It's my first day back at class, and I have a meeting with Katherine to discuss the baby. I get up and do my normal shower and dress routine, which is quick. I skip breakfast, and start my walk to class, which is a half an hour walk. Arriving exactly on time, I am given a warm welcome.

"Hello, Stranger." Nicole smiles, she leads me to the room and I walk in and take a seat. Lauren hands me English and History work. Which I do, so I don't disappoint my parents. Lunch flies in and I'm hovered over to make sure I eat. Then before I know it, it's two o'clock. I walk outside to meet my parents, who are speaking to Lauren. I begin to pick up the conversation as I get closer.

"Such an improvement." Lauren finishes.

"That's great! Thank you." My Father says enthusiastically. They all turn to look at me as I join them. "Well done, Mate." My dad says, patting me on the shoulder.

"I guess a congratulations is in order, Michael." Lauren suggests, I nervously chuckle.

"Thanks." I mutter. I say an awkward goodbye and then we all walk out to the car.

*************************************

The loud doorbell echoes through the house, Oscar goes mad, barking at the door as I try to open it. When I do, Katherine is standing, with her blonde hair scraped up in a ponytail, and her thin, rectangle glasses, sitting high up her nose. She clutches a large folder and a bag, which both look heavy. I welcome her in, taking the folder off of her and carrying it through. Hayley sits in the kitchen, looking nervous. We all sit down and I wait for Katherine to speak first.

"Michael?" She sighs. "You never fail to amaze me."

"To be fair, it's not just me involved."

"I gave you loads of talks and warnings about it." My dad adds.

"There's nothing we can do now. My job is to make sure that you and Hayley can cope, and look after a child. You're both only fifteen. It's such a big responsibility for you both." She explains.

"You can make sure no one takes it away from us." I throw in, sarcastically.

"That's not what we do, Michael. I will make sure to give you both all the help I can with coping as parents, and as children, because you still are." She tells us. After half an hour of chatting about the baby and Amelia's babies, we turn to the topic of accommodation. "Now, Are you both going to live here? Or are you going to live separately?"

Katherine asks, getting ready to write down notes.

"We've agreed they're going to live here." My dad says, grasping Amelia's hand. "All of them." He's finishes, meaning me, Hayley and the baby.

*************************************

After walking Hayley home, I take a slow walk back to mine, in no rush to get back to reality. I decide to phone Jacob, we haven't spoken in a while. He almost lets it ring out, answering on the last ring.

"You alright?" I greet.

"Yeah, Man. How are you?" He asks, I've been dreading this question. I decide to come clean.