Chapter Twenty-eight

My eyes flutter open, they're met by a harsh light, I realise it's the sun, poking out through my curtains. It's just gone eight. Crawling out of bed, I stumble sleepily downstairs in my pyjamas, Walking in to the kitchen, Where I am greeted with the sun again, shining right through the window. My Dad is sitting eating eggs and drinking coffee. Sitting down, across from him, I pour myself some orange juice and grab a slice of toast - it's gone within seconds and I concentrate on the juice.

"We both need to go in to work today, Amelia has already left and she'll will be back at two o' clock. Will you be ok on your own for a bit?" My dad says, picking up his plate and taking it to the dishwasher. I nod and smile.

"Yeah, probably. Can I have a couple of friends round?" I ask, hopeful.

"Yes, of course. But, behave. Ok?" I nod again.

"Thanks." I do the same, and then walk off to get dressed. I shower, brush my teeth and get dressed. Then I take out my phone and text Amelia

I'll meet you guys at Jacobs at half 10 x x x x

I then text Jacob as well and tell him I'll be at his for half ten. Walking through to the lounge, I switch on the PS3 and play battlefield 3. After an hour or so of playing, I decide to get ready to meet Jacob and Hayley. As I walk down the drive way, I realise how big the place is. The twenty-five minute journey doesn't last seem to last long and before I know it I'm walking along Jacobs street. He and Hayley, who have obviously spotted me from inside, are now suddenly standing in Jacobs garden, Jacob is the first to greet me and he unlocks his car. That's one of the many positive parts of Jacob being eighteen. He can drive, and he used to buy me alcohol and cigarettes. We all climb in, and with the help of my directions we are back at my house within fifteen minutes. I tell Jacob to pull in to the massive driveway, which could easily accommodate five or six cars and we all climb out. Hayley, is last out, she looks just as stunned as I did when I first saw it, I think Jacob is too - he just hides it more. I walk up to the porch and take out my keys.

"Oh, yeah guys. We have a dog, his names Oscar." I say, unlocking the door and pushing it open, as if on cue, Oscar pounces on my, licking my face and rubbing his wet nose on me. He does the same to Jacob, and then to Hayley. I walk them in to the living room.

"This is obviously the living room." I say, they both walk in and take a look around, although I stay standing at the door, watching their reactions. Oscar's calming down, obviously warming to the new strangers in his home. We pass the home gym and the only downstairs bathroom, even though they're impressive, they're probably the least exciting parts of the house. We all walk in to the lounge, just like I was, they're mesmerised by the amount of things it has in it. Jacob is probably more excited about the games consoles. I show them the kitchen briefly before walking outside to the back garden, revealing the pool and basketball court. After Jacob making a joke about jumping in the pool fully clothed, I walk back inside and let them follow me up the staircase. We avoid every room apart from my bedroom, which I show off with an extreme amount of pride. It's mine and so is everything in it. We sit in my room for a bit, during which Hayley and Jacob express their opinions on my new home.

"Please don't think that now I'm a spoilt rich kid. I'm not." I state clearly.

"We've known you for years, mate. We all know you're not a spoilt rich kid." Jacobs reassures softly. We walk back down to the lounge, where Jacob and I play battlefield for while, until Hayley gets bored of watching.

"Teach me how to play pool." She nags, tapping my shoulder. I turn off the Xbox and we all gather around the pool table, Jacob breaks and when it's my shot, I lean against Hayley's body, controlling her arms and body in to making a shot - we manage to pocket a ball, to Hayley's surprise. Just after our second game, with Jacob winning, I hear Amelia come in, the time flew by and I didn't even realise it was two o'clock.