Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

I thought things were getting better. I really did. They told him. They told my Dad what happened with John. How could they? They said I could do it when I was ready, I'm most certainly not ready. So, he knows. I've not seen him since. I refuse to. My therapist wants to have a family therapy session with him before I move in. I'm not moving in, I can't. I can't even look at him with out feeling ashamed, how am I suppose to live with him full-term? Fucking hell. Joseph is having a party tonight, I'm thinking of going. Just to get wasted. Show them how angry I am with them. Fuck it. I'm doing it. Fuck them.

I walk up to Joseph's door and walk straight in, everyone's wasted already. I grab a beer and a cigarette and light up. Time flies by and it's 21:35.

"I should probably head home, guys." I say. "Sorry to be a party pooper."

It's still kind of light when I'm walking home, which is good because I get quite paranoid. I reach the door and buzz it. Stumbling it, i think I've made it obvious I'm drunk. I walk right past the office and hear a male voice. Why is my dad here it's almost ten? The door opens as I start walking again, and they stop talking as they spot me.

"Michael?!" My Dad shouts. I keep walking. "Hey! Don't walk away from me while I'm speaking to you!" I still keep walking, although he follows me. I reach my room and attempt to close the door, but he pushes past.

"Eight o clock you're supposed to be in by, not ten." I take off my jacket and throw it on the floor. "Pick it up." He says sternly. What? This guys been in my life for ten minutes and he thinks he's the boss. I pick it up and hang it on a chair in the corner of the room.

"You were doing so well at following the rules and now this? What's going on?" I look at him. I hold back everything to stop me shouting the most obvious. I pull off my t-shirt. I stumble, again, making it obvious that I'm drunk.

"Not only are you late, but you're drunk too." I feel hands on my bare shoulder, he turns me round.

"Look at me. Why are you drunk?"

I'm not even going to try and lie.

"They told you! Didn't they?"I finally say.

"Told me what?" His eyes change as he realises what I mean. He shakes his head. "Don't worry about what I know. I'm supposed to be your father." I rub my eyes. I'm so drunk I'm kind of tired.

"Well now you know why." I tell him.

"Get some sleep, we'll talk tomorrow. Ok?" He says, obviously taking the hint.

"Ok." I say. I'm in bed almost asleep before he leave.

"Goodnight." My Dad says before leaving and switching off the light.

"Night." I mumble.