Chapter 4

April's POV

My head ached as I came to. Groaning, I sat up straight, disorientated and stiff. The memories of what had happened came back to me in an overwhelming rush, plunging me into an unwelcome grip of panic. Walking to the park, being snatched from the street, the van with the four strange boys plus the unconventionally attractive yet callous Jerkface. Panicking, I glanced around me. 

I was in a well kept room with all the modern luxuries a room would need;  I was positioned in the centre of a bed with several cushions, each differing shades of cerulean, sea-green and black. 

I felt like I was going to be sick. There was a large mirror leaning against the wall and natural human instinct urged me to see what a mess I was. My medium length brown hair that was usually straight looked disheveled and tangled, my brown eyes wide.

I mentally calmed myself as best I could (not that I did a very good job. I had an awful tendency to panic when I saw red.) I was going to get out of here - wherever here was - I needed to find an escape route firstly. 

So me, being the kind of girl who watches too many movies, ran straight to the window, because I figured the door would be locked. Damn. The drop was too high and there were no footholds to help me if I did make the descent - as I stared, dread filled my stomach. Forest stretched as far as I could see. Running straight to the door next I tugged at it, and thankfully it opened. 

Was this a trick? It seemed too easy. 

I peered outside to check if the coast was clear. It was. There was a huge corridor leading down to the right and so I ran down the corridor until I came to some stairs. There were no signs of people. I felt myself beginning to relax until the sound of voices approached. Slowly backing away so I would still have my sight, a huge crash sounded. I spun around to see a fallen table with a broken blue and white china vase lying in pieces on the floor.

Damn it.

It had be me, didn't it? 

The voices were coming at a faster pace now. Damn. I cursed myself and turned, running as hard as I could, not once turning back. I'd started to run track since I came to America meaning my stamina levels were beginning to build up - but there was only so long I could run and only so far I could go in this strange house. 

But, if escaping wasn't possible, hiding was.

"Hey, she's over there Aiden!" I heard a voice yell from behind me. No, I'm not, I thought as I spun a corner, skidding. They were not going to keep me here. I didn't even know where there was. I ignored their warnings to stop running and continued. Turning, a huge wall loomed ahead of me.

Damn. 

Maybe there's still time to reroute. 

I turned around only to be slammed back into the wall. Pain jolted through my back, my head ringing. Strong, tanned arms were holding me up and I recognized the boy in front of me. Jerkface.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I opened my mouth to protest but he cut me off. "Forget it, don't say anything. Did you seriously think that you could escape this place? Or even hide?" I was way too winded to respond until a few moments later. 

"I don't know who the hell you are, where I am and what's going on. All I know is I've been kidnapped, and if you think I'm staying here a moment longer, think again. I was escaping because that's what people generally do if they've just been snatched off the streets. It's common logic." I snapped. 

He gripped my arms and sighed before throwing me over his shoulder and walking towards the corridor. I was startled with the ease at which he lifted me until sense kicked in and I began thrashing my body around, screaming to be let down - it was no use. He was so much stronger than me, and the most damage I'd done was mess up his hair.

"Damn it, Diego. Why did you ever let me go through with this plan. I could have chosen someone so much better, but I just had to be impatient, didn't I?" He whined to the driver boy in front. 

Climbing up the stairs, he marched straight back to the room and threw me onto the bed. My stomach shook. I pressed myself back, watching him warily - I was willingly to tear my way through here then be subject to whatever he wanted. Instead, he calmly walked over to me and squatted so we were eye-level. 

He chewed on his lower lip. "Look, I didn't want this, but now you've seen us and if we let you go, you'll tell someone. I can't let that happen, okay?" He waited until I nodded. "So you're on house arrest." He said gesturing to the room. 

"I promise I won't tell anyone, I swear it. Just let me go. Please. You don't need me, I heard you say so yourself." I begged. He merely frowned at me, ignoring my plead and tipped his head to one side admiringly. 

"You're from Britain? I like your accent." He smiled wolfishly at me, but the nicety of his compliment was swallowed by the lack of sincerity in his voice. 

"Stop playing stupid mind games with me. I don't know what you want, but I swear to you that if you let me go now, all of this can be forgotten about. I swear it. I promise."

"Hm. I still can't get over your accent. It's so... weird." He grinned. 

I scowled at him, ignoring his comment.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "That's rude. You totally ignored my compliment."

"You called my accent weird." I pointed out, avoiding eye contact. "And you kidnapped me. Excuse me for not being your lap dog." 

He sighed heavily. "Fine. No games then. Strictly business, no pleasure?" He pouted when I made an expression of disgust. "Fine, let me explain some things to you then: our little relationship is going to be kept secret - for the moment. I need to think about what I'm going to do with you. But until then, I don't need you giving me any trouble." His voice was calm but I was shitting bricks at his tone.

"And this will be locked by the way, so don't even think of trying to get out." 

"Wait." I said, stopping him in his tracks. "Your name - it's Aiden right?" I asked cautiously. 

"Yes, that is my name don't wear it out." He grinned darkly. I waited for him to ask for my own, but he simply slammed the door after him. 

Damn, what crawled up his ass and died?

Hey, I currently only have 7 reads and I'm really hoping for more! I know no-one is reading this right now, but please comment/vote/follow so I have feedback on whether or not to carry on with this story.. I'm not sure if it's good so far, although I have planned exactly what's going to happen :)