Chapter 9

April's POV

Diego and Beau were still laughing, 10 minutes after the embarassing incident. Emma had immediately asked what had happened - Aiden didn't say anything and just walked out - I barely knew the guy, but couldn't help but inwardly groan and think: how predictable. Shrugging, I sunk in my seat, burning with embarrassment. 

I didn't belong here. 

It was all so so fast, so unexpected - so strange

Isn't it funny how life can flip you upside down in one moment? 

Looking up, I chewed on my lip. They all looked so natural standing there - they were all friends, they knew each other, loved each other. I didn't know these people and I felt as though I was intruding, despite being kidnapped. It was so ridiculous. I stood up quietly and headed to the door - I needed some time to think. Was I even allowed to leave without their permission?

Of course you can, you fool. 

"Wait! Where are you going?" Emma asked, tugging me back. 

"I-I was just going upstairs to that room."

"No. Stay, come on, it'll be fun," she cajoled.

Fun? I repeated inwardly, flabbergasted. In which way was being taken against your will and forcing a self-proclaimed introverted teenager to socialize fun? Usually, sadists ideas of fun were really not fun. I swallowed hard, prepared to knock this beautiful red-head out if I needed to. 

Instead, Emma grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet in a dizzying rush. I grimaced and followed her reluctantly. Looking up, Daniel smiled at me sympathetically, shaking his head.

My mind was still on Aiden - I was still fuming at him. How could he just leave? He probably ran away from all of his problems, like the coward he made himself out to be. And I am not boring - he's boring. It's not my fault at all that my thoughts didn't coincide with his thoughts. 

And now, I had to deal with all of his friends. These people may seem friendly, but they did help Aiden with his sick little plan, meaning they weren't all sunshine and daisies. There was something off about them, but I couldn't seem to figure out what it was and it was driving me mad. 

I grumbled silently and lifted my head to see Emma had led me into a huge living area. There was a TV in one corner and two comfy black and white couches in the other; several plump, tangerine coloured seats were dotted around the room and the only source of natural light filtered down into a pool in the centre of the room. 

Surely my friends would have realized I was missing, right? 

My family must have called me a few times only to realize I wasn't there. 

What about my room mates? They can't be that oblivious. 

I shook the thoughts off, diverting my attention to my surroundings. I couldn't deny that the interior of the room was sleek. Almost like a mini movie theatre. Emma had released my arm from her grip and I wondered in, gazing at the room around me. 

I heard chuckles from behind me and spun around quickly, remembering where I was. "Cool right?" Diego smiled, showing off the dimple in his cheek. 

"Yeah. It's nice." 

"Sit. Don't worry, we don't bite." He chuckled dryly to himself. "Much." 

"Diego, that's not funny. Don't scare her like that." Emma smacked him on the head as she fell back onto the sofa next to him.