Chapter 52

RECAP FROM LAST CHAPTER:

The first dream: April had been having small patches of that dream since she woke up from the coma. That night was the first night she had remembered the entire dream, and it was basically a sign from Maria – Aiden's mother – that she had her approval. The blue rose symbology is up to you; you can interpret it however you feel is best!

The second dream: So people were more or less confused by this dream – so this is kind of what April thought about during her coma, so when she was still asleep in the coma and on the verge of death after the accident. The whole 'path' thing was me trying to be clever and failing, sorry. April had two paths: the dark tunnel (she could just choose to die because she was so close to death) or her seeing everything that happened in the 6 months she was in her coma (or she could choose to stay and fight on.)

She chooses to not give up, but instead chooses to fight and come back to reality. That's when she 'chooses her path' and wakes from her coma; she made her decision to try and recover and not give herself away to death (Maria is dead which is why she was there.)

So, in summary: 1st dream was the dream April had after she awoke from the coma – the one that showed Maria gave her her approval as Aiden's mate. The 2nd dream was what April dreamed of whilst in her coma – she chose to not die and to wake up to life (the path she chooses is that) and that's the moment she wakes up from the coma. She recalls that.

Sorry if it's still confusing, it was a blunder from my half – I should have been clearer! XD

April's POV

"How do you think they're getting on?" I murmured quietly.

Aiden leaned forward and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Good...?" His voice was muffled as he spoke into my hair and I frowned, detangling myself from him so I could turn slightly.

I  tilted my head to one side as I stared at Aiden, my breath catching. His hands were furling as they hooked around me, but his expression remained poised. The sun-kissed glow had seeped back under his skin and his lips curved upwards into a smile.

"Checking me out again?"

"Aiden, you aren't that pretty, sorry. I was staring at that bug in your hair."

His expression changed and he became serious. "That's not cute, Ap. What if those bugs laid little bug babies in my hair?"

"Then I would never come near you again."

He pouted again and leaned forward to nuzzle his head into my shoulder playfully.

"Are you still thinking about Beau and Barbara?" He jerked his head to where the two in question were perched upon sun beds.

"No... It's not that at all..." I glanced down at where Aiden's fingers were trembling – noticing my gaze, he quickly withdrew them and clenched them by his sides.

"Don't say it." He warned, his eyes narrowing.

I opened my mouth to reply, but thought better of it and closed it again. "How long?" I murmured as I reached out to slip my hand into his.

"Nearly 2 months. But I guess even that doesn't count since I've slipped up." 

Aiden was trying to quit drinking; cigarettes he was unable to quit yet, but he had cut down on alcohol. It was hard for him; it was the one thing he used to escape the guilt that consumed him whenever Maria came to mind and now he didn't even have that to cushion the blow