Chapter Seven

A/N: this story does take place during the school year, I just don't write every single time they're in school. and sometimes they skip, but most times they are there but I just don't write it, so it may not seem like they went to school, but they did. just wanted you guys to know;)

I groggily padded into the bathroom the next morning in my pajamas, about to go into the shower.

I turned on the water, got out a towel, undressed and got in. A burst of cold water met my body and I let out a bloodcurdling scream. I quickly turned off the shower, wrapped my towel around myself and stepped out.

I heard footsteps clambering up the stairs and entering the bathroom. All my siblings entered, staring at me.

"What the hell?" asked Fiona.

"The water's freezing fucking cold!" I exclaimed, shivering.

Fiona sighed.

"The water heater is probably broken. Lip, Ian...can you go downstairs and look at it?"

My brothers nodded and went downstairs.

"God Jess, we thought you were being murdered!" Debs said.

Fiona and I laughed at her.

                                *
I went back into my room, grabbed some clothes, slipped on some old ratty moccasins, and went downstairs. I headed for the front door.

"I'm going to Kev and V's to shower!" I called over my shoulder, shutting the door before anyone could say anything.

The air was bitterly cold, considering it was February.

"Fuck!" I said, walking fast down the icy sidewalk and opening the gate, heading over to their back door (which they always kept open) and going inside.

I walked past the kitchen, and went up the stairs, past V and Kev's bedroom. I heard grunting and moaning and I rolled my eyes. Of course they were having sex.

"What the-Jessica?" I heard Kevin call.

"Hey, Kev!" I called and headed into the bathroom, knowing that the two won't follow me in here.

I dropped my towel, turned on the water and got in the shower once more. And thankfully, the water was hot.

I changed into my clothes after my shower and hurried back to my house before Kev and V stopped me.

I entered, and saw Lip and Ian on the floor, peering up at the water heater. Fiona was watching them, arms crossed, Carl was at the table playing with his action figures (as usual), and Debs was getting pre made pie crust out of the pantry.

"Yup, the heater is broken." said Lip, him and Ian standing up.

"Shit. How much is it gonna be to replace it, do you think?" Fiona asked.

"Probably around 200 dollars." Ian answered.

Fiona sighed.

"We don't have the money."

"Don't worry, Fi. Maybe Ian and I can score a dead person's water heater from around the block." said Lip.

"Huh?" asked Fi.

"Don't worry about it. Come on, Ian." The boys grabbed their coats and left.

"I wanna bake pie. Does anyone want pie?" asked Debs now as she got out a bunch of shit to bake with.

Nobody answered her.

"Fiona?"

"Debs, we're not making pie." She said sternly.