Chapter Nineteen

"Why do I have to come?" I said the next afternoon as Ian dragged me by the arm across the kitchen and towards the back door.

"Because I want you there." Ian said shortly.

"But I don't even know Mickey!" I protested. "And I don't like him, either." I grumbled, mostly to myself.

Ian was making me come with him to see Mickey get released from jail. He's been in there for many months, after that whole incident with Kash.

Ian shot me a stern look, and I knew that he heard me.

"Well, I want you to be there."

"But why?" I asked.

"Because I want you to get to know him."

"Why, is he sticking around?" I said, harsher than I intended.

"Yeah, maybe. Now let's go, Mandy is waiting outside for us!"

I groaned as he pulled me towards the door again.

"Not Mandy!"

                                   *

I walked in silence next to Mandy and Ian, who were talking all the way to the precinct.

When we finally arrived, Ian and Mandy went right up to the closed gate and waited for the back door of the precinct to open and for Mickey to walk out. I leaned against the wall of the building with my arms crossed, making sure my expression looked as uninterested as possible.

Just then, the door opened up and two officers walked out first, followed by Mickey Milkovich himself.

One of the officers unlocked and swung open the gate, and we watched as Mickey walked through it and headed towards us.

He turned around to face the officers.

"Hey! Fuck you, fuck you, and especially fuck you!" He called, flipping off each individual officer.

"Let's not get ourselves arrested again, please!" Mandy said, pulling him away from the gate

He grinned and pulled Mandy in for a hug.

"Hi, Mandy." He said.

She grinned, hugging him back.

"Hey, Mick."

They pulled away and Ian grinned at Mickey, probably expecting a hug too. But Mickey only gave him a short, barely noticeable nod, then turned his attention towards me.