Chapter Thirty Five

It's been a few more days since I've been separated from my siblings. The girls ignored me pretty much, so it wasn't so bad, besides the fact that I missed my family terribly. They now let us out of the group home from dawn until dusk, so Lip, Ian and I were allowed to go back to our house and see Fiona basically all day.

It was about 9 in the morning now, and I was heading outside to meet my brothers.

I saw Lip first, who was sitting on the steps of the group home. He stood up when he saw me.

"Hi." I said, smiling wide. He returned the grin and yanked my ponytail.

Ian came out now, and I noticed the ugly yellow bruise under his eye almost immediately.

"What happened?" I asked, walking over to him and touching his bruise lightly.

He flinched, and I quickly drew my hand away.

"Mickey's dad happened." He replied, his face clouding over angrily.

"What do you mean?"

He started down the steps, me and Lip following behind.

"He caught me and Mickey having sex, so he beat the crap out of us, then sent over some whore he has connections with to fuck Mickey right in front of me."

I gasped.

"Ian, I'm sorry." I said, not really knowing what else to say.

He shrugged, looking straight ahead as we began the walk to our house.

"It doesn't matter."

                          *
"Hey, Fi!" I called as my brothers and I entered through the front door. 

"Hey! I could use your help." She said as she turned on the family computer. 

"With what?" Lip asked. 

She looked up from the computer screen and smiled.

"I'm getting custody." She announced.

I looked from her to my brothers, shocked.

"Of us?" asked Ian.

Fiona nodded.

"It's the only way to bring everyone home and keep it that way." She replied, grabbing the computer and heading upstairs. 

                                                                                ******

After another week of bullshit, the day of the court hearing finally came. Fiona took so many steps to get to this place; printing out a W-2 to show that she had a stable job, notarize Aunt Ginger's will (finally), hire a decent lawyer to represent her case against Frank, and forged Frank and Monica's signatures for the custody rights. I hoped and prayed every night that she would win against him, and be able to have custody of us.

Then, our family would finally be back to normal again.  

I went with Lip and Ian to the court to meet Fiona and the rest of our siblings for the hearing. We got into the building and walked down the hall, turning left to see Fiona standing off to the side, dressed in a sharp dress shirt and pencil skirt, complete with black kitten heels and red lipstick. 

"Looking good, Fi." Ian complimented, making her grin. 

Before she could answer, Frank rounded the corner, actually looking cleaned up for once in a suit and tie, and even shiny black dress shoes.