Chapter Thirty Two

Rapid knocking sounded at the back door the next morning.

"I got it!" I called to Fiona, getting up from the kitchen table and opening the door.

A construction worker in a neon yellow and orange vest stood there, his arms crossed and his foot tapping impatiently.

"Can I help you?" I asked him.

He scanned me up and down, probably checking out my cleavage due to my low cut tank top, and I rolled my eyes.

"We're doing some work on the sewer main in a couple days. Just wanted to warn you."  He said.

"Warn us what?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

"Water's gonna be shut off for the day."

I groaned.

"Oh, thanks!" I said sarcastically as he started to walk off the steps and down through the backyard.

I rolled my eyes again, going back inside and heading up the stairs so I can shower.

                           *
"Shower's free! Who's next?" I shouted as I walked out of the bathroom, shaking a towel through my wet hair.

I glanced into Frank's (and Lip's) old room, where Mandy and Molly were sleeping. I looked at Molly, who laying on top of the sheets  in a flowered nightgown. To my surprise, something that looked exactly like a boner was sticking up through Molly's nightgown.

My eyes widened as I realized the truth.

"Holy shit." I whispered, as Molly opened her eyes and looked at me.

She jumped out of bed and ran past me into the bathroom, making Mandy stir.

"How long do you plan on keeping Molly around?" I asked her harshly.

"Until we find someone to take her in." She replied, stretching.

"Are you looking?"

"Yeah."

"Good. Might as well tell her she's a he, while you're at it." I said, turning around and walking away, fighting a smirk.

The smell of eggs greeted me when I walked into the kitchen, and Debs was there, scrambling a few in a pan, dressed in her bathing suit.

"Hey." I said.

She looked at me and pointed to the kitchen timer on the counter, which started to beep.

She let out a long, deep breath and shut off the timer.

"100! 100 seconds!" Debbie said.

I gave her a smile.

"That's awesome, Debs! Are you going to the pool today?"

She nodded.

I smiled again. Debs has practicing to hold her breath for longer and longer each day, because she wanted to hold her breath for exactly 100 seconds down at the community pool.

"Yup! I'm going at exactly 9am!" She replied, shooting Jimmy and Carl, who were sitting at the kitchen table, a glare.

"If Jimmy and Carl actually got off of their asses for once and helped me. Because I can't cook breakfast, set up daycare, and practice holding my breath all at the same time!"