Chapter Thirty

season 3:)

"Hey, Jess!" Ian said angrily as I snatched a piece of bacon off of his plate at breakfast that morning.

I laughed as I shoved it in my mouth and walked away from the table.

"You know, there's more bacon over here." Jimmy said, pointing to it.

I stroked my chin.

"You know, you're not the boss of me." I said sarcastically, making Debs snort in laughter.

Jimmy rolled his eyes.

"Come on, Jess. When are you gonna give up hating me? I'm living here now, so you should probably start to be more accepting."

I poured myself a glass of Sunny-D while glaring at him.

Another year had passed, and some things have changed around here. Estefania went off with her real lover and whatever business Jimmy had with her family was over with. So, he was now living in our house, wooing Fiona over once again.

Great. 

Mickey was back in jail, I think for stealing. Ian was pretty upset about that, so that's why he was continuing his secret relationship with Jimmy's father, even though I strongly advised against that.

As for Lip, he's been having some thing with Mandy, which was also shitty for me because I hated Mandy.

Zack and I were still going strong, thank God. I don't know where I would be without his constant love and support.

My friends were the same, I hung out with them as much as I could, when I wasn't dealing with family problems.

Fiona was still working at the club, and now she was "party promoter", which meant she was able to plan the parties that happened at the club. It was pretty cool, except it was really stressful on her and cost her a lot of money.

"Jess, the guys and I are trying to take down the child rapist who moved in next door. Ya wanna join?" Ian asked me now.

Him and Lip found out that there was a pedophile down the street, and they wanted to go over there and drive him out of town. They wanted to keep the kids of the streets safe, and I thought that was nice of them.

I shrugged.

"I have nothing else to do, so sure." I answered.

"Okay, let's go!" Lip said. "We got some people to round up."

                                                                      *

After going down to the Alibi Room with Lip, Ian, and Carl, and getting Mickey's dad, Mandy, and her three other brothers, we headed back up the street towards the house of the so-called child rapist.

"The fuck is this lil' parade?" A big black guy fixing his car asked us as we passed him.

"Kid fucker, next block." Mickey's dad answered, a joint wedged between his teeth.

We made it to the house, and Mickey's dad and Lip took the lead, walking up the rickety brown steps and knocking on the door.

I stood next to Ian on the second step, taking a drag from a joint Ian rolled. Carl was behind me, holding the metal baseball bat that we kept in the house for break ins and insane people.

The door swung open now, and a very pretty girl with long blond hair opened it.

"Can I help you?" She asked, looking at us fearfully.