Chapter Thirty Four

AH IM BACKKK HOW IVE MISSED YOU ALL!! :) 

I followed my siblings out of the house and to the van that the lady from Family Services came here in. I carried my duffel bag full of whatever clothes I had and my toothbrush down the steps, holding it tightly in my sweaty hand. As we were getting in the van, Jimmy pulled up in his car, getting out before he even turned it off.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What's going on here?" He asked.

"Department of Family Services is taking us away." Debs answered, carrying Liam on her hip.

"Wait, what? Can they do that?" 

"It won't last Debs, I promise. What was it last time, a week?" Fiona asked, toying with Debbie's ponytail.

"Nine days." I piped up, climbing into the van after Debs.

"20  bucks says we'll be back in five." said Lip.

"Can I get their placement addresses from you now?" asked Fiona.

The lady shook her head.

"Not until the intake interviews with the children are complete." She replied.

"Who reported us?" Fiona pressed. The lady ignored her and began to climb into the passenger seat.

The engine started up, and I buckled my seatbelt with shaky hands. 

"Come on! Who was it?" Fiona yelled as the lady shut her door. 

The van groaned and began to move away from our house. I pressed my hand up to the glass as I watched Fiona standing there on the sidewalk, staring at us leave. I felt tears prick the back of my eyes, but I pushed them down. 

This happened before, Fiona can get us back.

Right? 

                                                                                 *

"You guys okay?" The lady turned around and asked us about 20 minutes of driving through the city later.

"Oh yeah. This ain't our first time at the rodeo. Because Liam's still cute and little, he'll go to some loving home with people who really want a family, but waited so long that their egg batter rotted so they can't have one of their own." Lip said.

"And Debbie and Carl will be placed together because?" Ian began, pointing at Debs.

"Because the state always tries to keep siblings together." Debbie answered. 

"And Ian, Lip, and I can handle whatever foster nut jobs we end up with." I finished.

The lady stared back at us, her face a mixture of disgust and curiosity about us. 

"Hey Jess, remember the last guy with the uh...what was it...the fucking bathroom peephole?" Ian poked my arm.

I grinned slightly, remembering.

"Oh, yeah."

"Well, this time's gonna be a little different." The lady cut in. We all looked at her, waiting for her to go on.

"I've placed Liam and Carl together,  but Debbie unfortunately has to be placed separately." 

I heard Debs gasp softly next to me. 

"All by myself?" She exclaimed, glancing at me, then at Lip. 

"And Philip, Ian, and Jessica, you all are too old to be placed so you three are going to a group home."