Chapter Twenty Six

"Let's go Carl!" I yelled a couple days later at his flag football game.

I held up a sign that Zack, Debbie and I handmade last night that had Carl's jersey number on it.

Zack, who was next to me, put two of his fingers in his mouth and let out a loud whistle.

We watched as Carl got the ball and started running, and someone from the opposite team ran after him, right on his feet. Carl turned around just then and punched him in the face.

"Yeah, Carl!" We all shouted as he ran to the end zone and scored a touchdown.

Fiona, Frank, Monica, Zack, Debbie, Liam and I were at Carl's game today. Ian was with Mickey somewhere, and Lip was...you know.

Jimmy was still the coach of Carl's team, and I watched him wince as the boy Carl just punched fell to the ground.

Just then, I saw Lip come up the bleacher stairs and head towards us, Estefania right behind him.

"Lip!" Monica called, standing up and waving to him. He noticed us and gave her a small wave back.

"Oh, great." I heard Fiona grumble.

"Lip! Come on honey, sit next to us!" said Monica.

Debs got up and ran to hug Lip.

He stared at all of us.

"What, I'm off the boat for one minute and there's a fucking mutiny?" Lip asked.

"Yeah well, nobody told you to get off the boat." Fiona answered.

"Actually, you did." Lip argued.

"Hey, Lip, don't be mad at Fiona. Come and sit." Monica piped in.

"Monica, shut up. You know what for most of my life, this has nothing to do with you." Lip said.

"I sit?" Estefania said now, a confused expression on her face.

"Yeah, come sit here. Next to me." I said to her, pointing to the empty spot next to me then pointing to myself, feeling bad for her.

"You're babysitting now?" asked Fiona as she watched Estefania come up next to me.

"Roommate, actually."

"You're living at Steve's?" I asked in surprise.

"Yeah. No curfews, no ultimatums, no befriending the enemy behind my back." He said, pointing to Monica but glaring at Fiona.

I tightened my grip on Carl's poster, suddenly angry.

I was not befriending Monica, I hated her. It wasn't my fault she's deciding to stick around for a bit.

"Come on. She just showed up. What was I supposed to do?" said Fiona quietly, standing up.

Lip rolled his eyes and started to walk away.

"Oh, so you're gonna storm off like a baby?" Fiona called after him.

I sighed as I watched him walk away, then as Fiona walked off the bleachers and into the field towards Steve, no doubt asking him about Lip living with him.