Chapter Twenty Three

"Zack..." I moaned as he kissed my neck.

"Mmm?" He said, his voice vibrating against my skin.

"We should probably-get going if we wanna-make the movie." I sighed, tangling my fingers in his dirty blond locks and closing my eyes in pleasure.

"Fuck the movie, I only want you right now." Zack replied, leaving a trail of purple hickies down my neck and collarbone.

When he pulled away from my neck, I brought his lips to mine, straddling him.

Just as he slipped his fingers under my tank top and brushed them against my bare skin, I heard shouts coming from downstairs.

"Who's that?" Zack asked, breaking away from our kiss.

"Frank's probably home, just ignore it." I said, tugging gently at his earlobe.

He nodded and we resumed kissing.

But the shouting got louder, becoming highly distracting for the both of us.

I groaned, climbing off of Zack's lap, sliding off the bed, and heading for my  door.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." I said, opening the door. As usual, Zack didn't listen and followed me downstairs.

"You're not quitting school, Lip!" I heard Fiona saying to my brother.

"You don't control me." Lip shot back.

"If you live in this house, I do. And your job is to go to school and graduate. You're not quitting high school because of some girl you knocked up."

"She isn't just some girl I knocked up. I love her."

I slowly made my way towards the kitchen, Zack right behind me.

"Oh, you love her?! You don't even know if the baby is yours! She doesn't even wanna keep it!" Fiona yelled.

"Yes I do! And I'm trying to convince her!" Lip yelled back.

"If you stay in school, then I'll go back and get my GED." Fiona said, her voice softening.

Lip snorted.

"I don't give a fuck about your GED. What do you even need it for? You work at a club. Getting a GED won't do shit for you."

There was silence for a moment, then Fiona spoke up once more.

"Fine. If you quit school, don't think you're living in this house."

I let out a breath and quickly stepped into the kitchen, making sure they both knew I was there.

They turned their heads and looked at me.

"Hi, Jess! Are you two heading out?" She asked, plastering on a fake smile.

I looked from her to Lip.

"Uh, no. We aren't. Is everything okay?" I asked quietly.

Realization washed over Fiona's face when she understood that I heard everything.

"Yeah, everything's fine!"

"Oh, give me a fucking break!" Lip said,     glaring at Fiona one last time.

"If I were you, I would cover up those hickies." He said, hitting my shoulder as he walked past me to his room.

I let out a long breath and stared down at my bare feet.

"I'm sorry you had to hear all of that." said Fiona.

I shrugged.

"Don't worry about it." I answered.