Chapter Fifteen

pic: cute lil season 1 Debs:)

"Come on, Debs. Go to bed." I said to my little sister about an hour after Fiona left us.

I was standing by Liam's crib, watching him sleep and making sure he wasn't gonna wake up. Debs was sitting on her bed, arms crossed and a pout on her face.

"I'm not sleeping until Fiona comes back." She protested.

I sighed.

"I don't think she's gonna come back tonight. So go to sleep." I said.

"But-" Debs argued.

"I'll make a deal with you. You go to sleep, and I'll wait up for Fiona in case she comes home. And if she does, I'll wake you up right away. How's that?"

"Promise you'll wake me up?" asked Debs.

I nodded.

"Promise."

I walked over to Debs and tucked her into bed.

"Goodnight, Debs." I said, kissing her on the forehead

"Goodnight, Jess."

I walked out of our room, turning the lights off and closing the door a tiny bit.

I walked down the hall into my brother's room. Carl was sleeping soundly, Lip was laying on his back on his top bunk, and Ian was sitting on his trundle bed, staring at the floor.

"Hey, guys." I said softly.

They both murmured hellos and I went to go sit next to Ian on his bed.

"I can't believe Fiona just left." said Ian.

"She was just angry, she'll come back." Lip answered.

I thought of how upset my sister was, tears streaming down her face. She didn't seem angry, just hurt.

"Did you see the way Debbie and Carl looked at me? I think they've forgiven me. The older ones will come around soon." I heard Monica say from downstairs

"I'm not supporting six damn kids!" Roberta shouted

"Why are they still here? They should've just left." I said angrily.

"They have nowhere else to go, Jess." Lip said.

I leaned forward so I can hear their conversation better without having to get up.

"Shhhh, Roberta! The DNA test will prove that Frank's not Liam's father, and then Frank won't have any claim on him." said Monica.

I looked at my brothers.

"A DNA test?" I said worriedly.

There was some footsteps and quiet murmuring, then the downstairs lights turned off.

I sighed and glanced out the open window. I noticed that Steve's sports car was in the driveway of Mr. Harris' old house, the house Steve bought for Fiona. A light was on in the upstairs window.

I sat up and raced towards the window.

"I can't believe it." I said.