Chapter Ten

I put my toothbrush covered in minty toothpaste into my mouth and started brushing my teeth. after about two minutes, I spit out the toothpaste and rinsed out my mouth and my toothbrush. I put it away and looked at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was messy and my face had marks on it from my pillow. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and splashed some cold water on my face.

I walked out of the bathroom and headed for the stairs. I passed Fiona's room and heard loud moans coming from behind her closed door. I rolled my eyes and continued for the stairs. Of course her and Steve were having sex. Steve came to the wedding with the cake extremely late last night, and as usual, Fiona didn't question him, and now he's sleeping in our house again...and sleeping with my sister.

I thought back to when Zack kissed me last night. His lips felt amazing on mine, and it felt right, but I didn't want to be like Fiona and Lip, who just fucked their partners without getting to know them as a person first. I wanted to hang out with Zack, and do fun things with him. I wanted to take things slow.

I walked down the stairs and just as I reached the bottom, the lights turned off.

"Carl!" I yelled, running down the last two steps and into the kitchen. Usually when the power went out like this, it was almost always Carl's fault.

All my siblings besides Fiona were sitting at the kitchen table, except for Carl, who was using our toaster to melt his action figures again.

"It wasn't me, I swear!" He said, holding up his demented waxy dolls in surrender.

I pointed to the toaster.

"Didn't Fiona tell you to stop melting action figures?" I asked.

He laughed evilly as he put them on a paper plate to cool off.

"They must pay for their sins."

"Yeah well, now their torture device doesn't work anymore." I commented back.

Fiona came hurrying down the stairs now in her tank top and elastic booty shorts, Steve right behind her in a T shirt and sweats.

"What's going on? Did Carl do this?" She asked.

"No, it wasn't Carl." I said.

"Did you pay the electric bill, Fi?" Lip asked from his spot at the table.

Fiona smacked her forehead.

"Fuck! I totally forgot!"

"Maybe Hector the electric guy is still outside." I said quickly.

"Yeah, maybe!" Fiona rushed towards the front door and ran outside, all of us following her. Hector's electric truck was parked across the street, Hector just about to get in and drive away.

"Hector!" Fi called. "Hector!"

He turned around and looked at all of us running towards him.

"Can you turn us back on?" My sister pleaded.

Hector sighed.

"No, not this time. I'm sorry, Fiona. I can't turn you back on until you pay the bill." He answered. He started towards us, pulling his cell phone out of his pocket.

"Here, let me give you my number. If you get the bill paid, call me and I'll come back around and turn you guys back on, okay?"

Fiona nodded and pulled out an IPhone with a neon green case from her shorts pocket. I looked at it.

"When did you get that?" I asked her.

"Steve bought it for me." She answered as she put Hector's number into her new phone.