Drabble - Alec Lightwood

You had never seen Alec this nervous before. To be honest, you had never seen Alec nervous at all before.

"Alec, just stand still for a moment, okay?" You nodded at him and took a deep breath. "What is the last thing you remember from Clary and Simon?"

Alec placed his hands on his head and shook it, over and over again. "I saw them getting arrested. That's all." You couldn't hear it, but you knew that his heart was racing in his chest. After all, he had made Jace a promise. He had promised that he would keep his eyes on Clary all the time.

You couldn't blame him for losing her. From what you had seen, Clary was always doing whatever she wanted, even when you had clearly said a thousand times that it was dangerous and stupid.

Jace just let it happen. He even went along with all Clary's stupid ideas.

"It's not your fault, okay? If it had been up to you, she had not even left the institute." You saw how Alec rolled his eyes.

"She did leave because I took my eyes off her in the first place." Alec crossed his arms over his chest and you shook your head.

"Are you really gonna blame yourself for Clary running off to literally the unsafest place in this entire town?" You sighed and cocked your head, crossing your arms over your chest just like he had done.

"I should have made sure she couldn't. She was my responsibility." He took a deep breath. "I'll call Jace."