Lucien Castle "Missed"

You held your breath when they opened the closet. Even though you had not exactly thought that Lucien had disappeared out of free will, it was different to see him like this.

His skin was almost white, covered in blue veins. His arms were tied in front of him and he had a cloth in his mouth.

As quickly as you could you walked towards him. Everyone had told you over and over again that you shouldn't fall for him, that he was a bad guy, that he would walk away and would break your head. The last couple of weeks, while he had been gone and was nowhere to be found, people had told you more often than you had wanted to hear that he wouldn't come back. Right now you hated them all.

Instead of them telling you that Lucien was probably at the other side of the world to make sure he wouldn't get killed, they could have helped you looking for him. He had probably been in this closet ever since he had disappeared, slowly desiccating and not knowing if he would ever be found again.

After you had removed the ropes and the cloth, you were slowly cutting the palm of your hand. While you were holding his corpse in your arms, you pressed your hand to his lips.

Minutes passed, minutes that seemed to be hours, before he finally grabbed your wrist and started sucking.

You couldn't help but sighing relieved.

He could be a bad guy, he could be breaking your heart in the future, he could run away to save his own skin. But he was your bad guy and it would be an honor to have your heart broken by him and if he would run away he would at least never break up with you.

"Well, hello love." Eventually he opened his eyes and he freed himself from your embrace. "Since when do the rescuers in this town look so pretty?" He cocked his head a little and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Since I was the only one in this town worried about you." You couldn't hide your bitterness and you wrapped your arms around his neck. "You can't believe how happy I am that you're okay."

"I'm hardly okay, darling. I might need some more fresh blood to feel like myself again, but I wouldn't want to kill the only person who cares about me, would I?" He winked and he smiled the pretty smile you had missed so much. "So, I hope you didn't come here without enough O negative so I can get ready to fight whoever didn't believe you?"

You smiled at him and shrugged your shoulders. "I've brought a couple of police officers. I'm not sure if they're O negative, but I hope they'll still do." You stepped away from his embrace, but Lucien pulled you back and pressed you to his chest.

Softly he pressed a kiss on your lips. "I'm certain they will."