Request - Drabble Klaus Mikaelson

"Good afternoon, love. I've got some soup for you." Klaus walked into the room with a tray and a huge bowl.

Although your stomach already protested at nothing but the sight of the food, you were still trying to smile politely and to push yourself up. Ever since you had woken up you had been coughing and sweating.

Elijah had said that it was nothing but an ordinary cold, but Klaus had sworn to take care of you as if you were about to die any minute.

At first you had wanted to tell him that you were capable of taking care of yourself, but then you had realized that Klaus wasn't showing his caring side that often and that you should actually just enjoy it to the fullest. At least, if it was even possible to enjoy something to the fullest when you were sick.

"I've also asked Freya to get you some herbs that could make you feel better and I've bought you a new book to distract you a little." Klaus placed the tray next to your bed and you took a deep breath while staring at the romantic fantasy novel.

"That's kind of you, but I don't think I'm really capable of reading right now..." You fell back into your pillow and Klaus sat down at your feet while shaking his head.

"Of you course you don't need to read the book yourself. I'll read it to you." He opened the book on the first page and you smiled, realizing that he was totally forgetting the bowl of soup but not planning on saying anything about it.

His idea to read a book to you was far better.