Matt Donovan

"So, this is the kinda town you live in..." You were leaning on his car, your side slightly pressed to his and Matt nodded. "Why don't you just leave? Why don't you just grab your things, go somewhere else?" You turned your face towards him. You were trying to act calm, but you were everything but calm. You had just seen how a friend of yours had been killed by a vampire. You had just seen how Matt had shot that vampire with a wooden bullet. You were still trembling and shaking, but the alcohol in your hands at least made it bearable.

"It's not that simple." Matt sighed and you raised your eyebrows, placing your hand on his arm.

"You just step in the car and leave this place?" You smiled a little and cocked your head.

"Look, it's not like there aren't supernatural things in other towns." Matt shrugged his shoulders. "And I'm not sure if I can just leave this mess knowing that so many people are dying."

You thought about that for a moment and you took another sip from the bottle of beer. "So, this was just a normal day in Mystic Falls?" You looked up at your new friend and you saw how he nodded.

"Yeah, actually, I'd say it was even surprisingly calm." Matt forced a little smile and you sighed, feeling how your heart was racing in your chest.

You wouldn't admit it and wouldn't say it out loud, but you were afraid. You were afraid to leave and you were afraid to stay. "How do you survive?" You eventually asked and Matt grabbed your hand and one of the guns.

"By learning how to shoot." His voice sounded a little bitter. "So, if you're really gonna stay here with me, I'll teach you what to do." He placed his forehead on yours and you licked your lips.

"I want to stay and I want to learn how to kill vampires."