Request - Drabble Brett Talbot

You knew something was going to happen. And you also knew that it was something bad. You knew it because you knew Brett better than anyone. You knew that his eyebrow was trembling when he was trying to solve a problem, you knew that he was tapping the table when he was afraid. And you knew that if he started to check his phone every three minutes he was talking to Scott McCall about everything that was going on in Beacon Hills.

"What's going to happen tonight?" You lifted your chin and wrapped your arms around his neck. "You're not going to die, are you?" You turned your head towards him and you cocked it a little.

"No one is going to die tonight." Brett looked up at you and he licked his lips. "At least, we're trying to make sure no one is going to die tonight." He sounded a lot less secure all of a sudden and you paused for a short moment.

"How bad is it this time?" You could remember all too well how you had almost lost him, months ago when assassins had tried to kill him on the Lacrosse field. "Do I need to start preparing my eulogy already?"

It was supposed to be a joke, but Brett didn't smile. He didn't even curl his mouth up. "Yeah, maybe..." He stood up from his seat and the smile on your face disappeared.

Before you realized what you were doing you grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "I don't want to lose you, Brett..." You shook your head and you felt your eyes filling themselves with tears. "And I don't want you to leave without knowing that I love you. I love you as more than just a friend." You let his arm go again, but Brett didn't move, didn't walk away.

He just stood there and stared at you until he wrapped his arms around your waist and pressed you to his chest. "I love you too and you have no idea how long I've been hoping you'd say something like this." He pulled out a little again, but his hand tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "I'll do everything I can to come back to you." He leaned in and he pressed his lips on yours for your very first kiss.