Chapter 2: The mall

Chapter 2

Peeta's P.O.V.

Stumbled and got a stone on her stomach? Not a chance. Katniss is lying so much that her tongue turns black. But why is she lying?

"Oh shit! This game is sooo cool!" Marvel cheers.

He's testing a tv game in the game store. The girls has wandered off to the hair salon to get rid of Clove's nagging.

"You do know it's you she wants to make herself pretty to, don't you?" I ask Cato who's standing and watch at Marvel's game.

"Yep," he answers. "But I don't know how to ask her out. You're the romantic one, how should I do lover boy?"

"Stop calling me lover boy for the millionth time," I hiss. "Besides, I'm not the romantic one, if I had been, I would've found a way to make Katniss my girlfriend, but she's in Gale's claws and not mine."

"That must suck," Finnick says.

"Tell me about it," I sigh.

"Oh she'll get tired of him soon enough and she's all yours," Marvel says absent with his eyes on the game. "DIE".

"No, he's a fucking senior," I say.

"But you're the who's in the popular group," Cato says winning.

"Just as Katniss," I sputter.

"Oh right," Cato says. "Right, sorry".

"It's okay," I say. "But if you think about it, you have more chances than I have, Clove likes you, Katniss doesn't like me, so what the hell are you waiting for? For someone else to take Clove away from you? Because believe me, it will happen if you don't take her out soon, you know as well as I that she's really beautiful and a lot of boys likes her".

"Yes you are right," Cato sighs. "I'll do it today".

"Good for you man," Marvel says absent.

Why he's even talking I don't really understand because he doesn't even listen to our conversation.

"DIE, DIE, DIE".

See?

"Marvel give it up already, buy the game or we're out of here", Finnick says. He just wants to go to Annie.

"Okay, okay," Marvel says and takes out his wallet. "I'll buy it."

After Marvel buys the game, we're on the way to the hair salon when we see the girls in a café. Wow they're fast, or were we in the game store for a long time?

"Hello girls," Finnick shouts and walks into the café.

He embraces Annie and give her a rough kiss.

"I like your new haircut Clove," Cato says.

The girls start laughing.

"What?" Cato.

"She never cut her hair" Katniss laughs with her wonderful laugh. "She asked those who work there if she has split ends, but they said no and then we went here."

The girls doesn't stop laughing, in fact they start laughing even more when Cato becomes all red in his face.

"What's so funny?" A voice says behind us.

I turn around. Gale Hawthorne. Katniss boyfriend.

Katniss stops laughing directly.

"Nothing, just something about Clove's hair," she says, smiling.