Chapter 32: Christmas concert

Chapter 32

Katniss P.O.V.

I'm putting clothes in my bag so I can change after the show.

Usually a Lucia procession isn't a common thing here. But some of the teachers thought it would be fun to try something from different cultures. Like this is from Scandinavia, you know like; Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Island is also a part of Scandinavia, but I don't really know it they have this thing there. And to be honest, I think this is going to be lots of fun.

Someone rings the doorbell and I know that it's the girls. We're going to fix each other's makeup. Then the boys will be here in about two hours.

We have so much fun applying makeup on each other. We laugh and talk and eats candy. Sour candy. They're so tasty.

Before we know it the doorbell rings again.

"What? The boys are here already?" Annie asks, applying lipstick on Johanna's lips.

"Glim could you open the door for them, so they don't stand there outside the house?" I ask Glimmer who smiles and nods.

"Absolutely", she says and runs out of the room and down the stairs.

We hear her open the door and the familiar voices of our boyfriends. And our best friends. They truly are. Especially Peeta and I. Peeta is my best friend. Even before we got together I could talk about anything with him. I mean of course the girls are my best friends, but they're my girl best friends, it's not the same thing as a boy best friend. I mean I can talk with the girls about stuff I can't talk to Peeta with ... Like ... Him. It wouldn't be very clever to talk about Peeta with none other then Peeta, now would it? Didn't think so.

"Hey are you girls ready?" We hear Cato call from downstairs.

And just like that. In a blink of an eye, Clove is gone. And can actually see the smoke that is left after her feet.

I follow her. And when I walk down the stairs I see Peeta stand there, looking up at me, smiling the brightest smile when he sees me.

I run up to him and he embraces me directly.

I just live to feel his body against mine. He's so warm and his muscles are so strong.

When we get to the school we notice that it's full house.

Oh god. Now I'm getting nervous. It seems like it's more people then there is room for. Oh god. Why are they all so excised for a Christmas show? I mean seriously! But maybe it's because nothing like this has ever happened in the city if Panem before now, and people are curious.

Us girls gets separated from the boys when we need to go backstage and prepare.

"Katniss! Oh good you're here", Mr. Flavius exclaims when he sees me. "You need to put this on!"

At first I dress in a simple long white gown with a red silk band around my stomach. Me Flavius gives me the crown and presses som button and it starts to shine from the crown.

I look in the nearest mirror and notice that it really looks like real candles, even though it's not.

"Okay prepare everybody and stand as we prepared!" Ms. Venia shouts and everyone does what she tells us to do. No one wants to get on her nerves now when she's so tense about the show and all.

All the terns are holding candles in their hands, they look similar to the once I have on my crown. But they're only holding one in their right hand.

Fifteen minutes later a we start. I walk out the door and into a corridors with the rest following. I clap my hands together and hold them still over my chest. I start to sing. The rest starts to sing shortly after I've started.