Chapter 3: So much for slumber party

Chapter 3

Finnick's P.O.V.

"Hey Annie," I shout when I see her and Katniss enter through the front door.

"Hello Finnick," she says and accept my kiss, but only halfheartedly. What happened?

"What's ..." I start but she just shakes her head and they walk to the living room.

Hm ... something happened, I'm sure of it.

"My dad cooked for us this morning, ready to heat and eat when we feel like it," Glimmer says when everyone are in the living room, spreading out their sleeping bags on the floor. Not that we are going to sleep right now, but it's good to prepare.

As on cue my stomach starts to rumble, which makes everyone laugh, or ... everyone except Annie and Katniss, they smile a bit, but that's all. Oh something terrible must have happened.

We decide to eat now so we can play games later, what games do you play at a sleepover? Spin the bottle!

We all sit at the big table and eat the most delicious sausage stew I have ever eaten in my whole life.

"Oh Glimmer, how can you continue to be slim when you have a dad who cooks magic?" I ask and serve myself another serving from the big casserole on the table.

Glimmer giggles.

"Control dear friend," she says. "You have to be in control over yourself."

KRASH!

Katniss water glass fell to the floor. She must have dropt it. She's pale in her face and cold sweat. Annie stands up and takes Katniss out of the kitchen and into the living room.

Peeta's P.O.V

"What just happened?" Cato asks.

"I don't know, she just dropped the glass," Clove says.

"Why was she so pale? She seemed fine during the day," Glimmer says who has now begun to sweep up the shards of glass from the floor and wipe up the water.

What happened to Katniss? Glimmer is right, Katniss seemed fine during the day. She laughed, joked and teased, as she usually does, but ever since she got here, she has looked pale, not laughed and not made a single joke.

Oh I wish I knew so I could help her.

"Peeta?!"

Finnick snaps his fingers in front of my face.

"Huh?" I ask.

"Have you noticed anything strange with Kat today?"

"No, she seemed fine, right?" I say questioningly.

"Yeah, yeah, everyone thinks that," Finnick says. "But something has happened and Annie knows what it is, why else would she take Kat out of the kitchen?"

"That's true," Marvel says. "Do you think she'd like to tell us?"

The question was meant for me. They think I know her better than the others, which may be true to some extent, Katniss and I have known each other since kindergarten, we started hanging out with the others in middle school.

"I don't know, I doubt it, she usually keeps everything inside herself," I say thoughtfully.

I remember something. When we were ten, Katniss accidentally broke one of my favorite pens. She wanted to tell me, but she didn't dare to. And if I mentioned the pen or something that reminded her of the pen she got all pale and cold sweaty because she wanted to tell me, but she was afraid.