Chapter 7: Peeta's Mom and Dad

Chapter 7

Katniss P.O.V.

It's Sunday. It's a hot day with the sun high up on the cloudless blue sky. Peeta and I are going to meet today. We didn't talk much after the kiss yesterday, he had to rush home so his mother wouldn't get angry.

I hate her because of what she exposes Peeta to. I didn't think I could hate someone before I met the person, but all I feel toward her is pure hatred. Peeta is her son, for god's sake.

We decided that we are going to meet in the meadow.

When I get to the meadow where the green grass is glowing , Peeta is already sitting there against the willow and I feel how I get warm in my whole body when he looks at me and smiles. I walk up to Peeta I sits down next to him.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey," he replies.

I take his hand and we just sit there in silence. Not an awkward silence but peaceful and comfortable.

Then finally, I decide to ask. I want to know now, before I continue with my life.

"Peeta ..?"

"Mm?"

"What are we really?"

Peeta looks at me. He smiles a small small and shy smile.

"Well ... if you want ... I can be your boyfriend and you can be my girlfriend?" He says hesitantly, but quickly adds: "But I understand if it's too early to ..."

But I interrupt him.

"No it's not," I say. "I would want that very much."

Peeta smiles and I lean forward for a kiss as he returns back without hesitation.

"You know, I've never been at your house", I say after a while. "I would like to meet your father and brothers".

I don't even mention his mother, but he doesn't seem to care about it.

"Yeah they want to meet you too," Peeta says with a smirk as he caresses my cheek.

So they've been talking about me at home? But his mother couldn't have been at home, it doesn't seem like Peeta want to share stuff about himself with her, which I completely understand.

"So I can come home to you?" I ask.

"Mm ... I'll ask my dad when mom is going to her sister, she's going sometime this week I think," Peeta says.

"Okay, though you know, at some point I'll meet her, you know it can't be avoided forever now that you're my boyfriend and you should know that now when I got you, I'm not ever letting letting you go", I say with a smile.

"You're right," he says. "And I don't want you to becasue I'm not going to either."

I tackle him down on his back in the green glowing grass and sit on top of him before I lean down to continue kissing him.

Peeta chuckles during the kiss and I start to do the same.

I feel so silly happy when I'm with Peeta.

We continue the kiss for what seems an eternity, yet I don't want this moment to end.

But after a while, Peeta suddenly whitdraws pretty fast and gets up.

"Holy shit," he says as he looks at his wristwatch. "I'm really sorry Katniss but my mother told me to be in the bakery and work at 2:00 p.m. and it's 2:30 p.m."

"But what are you still doing here?" I ask, afraid that his mother will punish him now.

Peeta gives me a quick kiss before he literally runs away.