Chapter 34: Jake being an ass again.

Chapter 33

Katniss P.O.V.

I put on the dress I chose yesterday. A red strapless dress. And with that goes a black big belt that I have right under my breasts and above my stomach.

I grab my curler and make elegant locks in my hair, and then I take my hairspray, so the locks won't disappear. On my feet I put a pair of red high heels. Stilettos.

I grab the bag with wrapped presents for each member of my family and the Mellark excluding Mrs. Mellark and myself of course.

When I come down stairs, I see that the rest of my family, mom, Haymitch and Prim, already are ready to go.

"So that was only one lifetime", Haymitch says.

"Shut up!" I sputter at him.

Prim giggles. But then she gets all serious.

"You look beautiful Kat", she says.

"Thank you Prim, so do you", I say to her and she lights up like the sun.

"Really?" She asks.

"Of course", I say.

We walk out to the car and Haymitch drives us all to the Mellark house.

Prim rings the doorbell, jumping up and down. She's really excided.

Philip is the one opening the door.

"Hey", he says with a big smile.

"PHILIP!" Prim yells as she throws herself over him, knocking him down to the floor, laughing.

"Woah Prim, take it easy there girl", Philip laughs and hugs her.

Prim really loves Philip. That's so clear to everyone.

"Hey dad says... What are you two doing on the floor?" Jake came to tell us something but got distracted by Philip and Prim.

"Oh you know how those two are", I say, taking off my jacket.

"I do", Jake says, laughing.

"Where's Peeta?" I ask, looking around, but I can't see any sign of him.

"Peeta? Oh he drove off with another girl, sorry about that, he's an ass", Jake says, sounding serious.

My eyes widen and my heart sinks to my stomach. WHAT?!

"Jake shut the fuck up!"

I sigh in relief when I hear the voice of my boyfriend, coming down the stairs.

"You asshole!" I shout and punch Jake.

"Good punch there Katniss", Mr. Mellark says, coming in here laughing.

"Jeez thanks dad, good to know who's side you're on", Jake says.

"Well you had that coming for ya, when you said that to Katniss", his father chuckles.

"Good one Fredrick", Haymitch chuckles and together they walk off to the kitchen with mom behind them.

"You really did", I point out, then runsup to Peeta. "And he would never do that ... I hope".

"Katniss! What do you think about me? Of course I wouldn't, I love you and only you".

"Yeah, Jake is only jealous", Philip says, standing up and carries Prim up in his arms. He's actually strong, but she doesn't weight too much either.

"Pfft", Jake mutters and walks into the living room.

I laugh. Jake can be so stupid sometimes.

Philip and Prim disappears into the kitchen as well. Now there's only me and Peeta.

"You look really beautiful Katniss", Peeta says. "That red color is really good on you, but then again, you're always beautiful".

"And you're always handsome, I don't think I'm gonna be able to keep my hands away from you the whole night", I say, winking at him.

"Yeah that reminds me, wanna spend the night over?" Peeta asks.

"Yes!" I say, maybe a little bit too excited.

"Peeta chuckles and shakes his head.

"I love you too Peeta", I say.

"Merry Christmas baby", Peeta says, leaning closer to me.

"Merry Christmas babe", I say cracking my lips onto his.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

✏️604✏️

Hey, this was a short one, I know and I apologize for that, but hey, it's still better then nothing right? ;)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you guys thought about it :)

-Josephine xx