Chapter 27: Putting it to end

Chapter 27

Katniss P.O.V.

The second Peeta closes the door when the others leave, I grab Peetas shirt, pull his body to mine and crash my lips onto his.

At first Peeta seems puzzled, but then he starts to kiss me back.

I don't really know how we get up to my bedroom, but soon I fall onto the bed and we both laugh as Peeta fall on his back and I on top of him.

But then I hear the front door open and Prim shouting.

"Katniss!"

I jump up on my feet. They're home early.

"Did you call them?" I ask looking at Peeta.

"Noooo", he says but that just tells me he did.

"Why?" I whine, feeling a bit angry with Peeta.

"They deserved to know Kat, and you know they did", Peeta says sweetly, and just like that all my anger with Peeta is blown away with the wind. I can never be mad at him.

"Better get this over with", I sigh as I open the door and walk out.

I walk down the stairs and directly when I'm on the floor again, I feel a pair of arms hug me tight.

"We were so worried after Peeta called us", Prim says. "How could Gale do that to you? I thought you were friends, you used to date".

"Who knows", I say.

I still haven't told them that Gale always used to abuse me. And I won't tell them either.

"You know Peeta?" Prim asks looking at Peeta.

He does. But he won't tell. I know he wants to, but I don't want him to.

"No he doesn't, right Peeta?" I say, sounding sweet, but Peeta can hear the threat I got into it.

He smiles sweetly.

"No I'm sorry Prim", he says.

"Peeta said that you fell down the stairs", mom says, looking at the bandage I have around my head.

I still feel the headache, but not much. It has started to go away and I'm starting to feel normal.

"Yeah, but I'm fine now though", I say. "Where did Haymitch go?"

He had disappeared.

"I'm in here, sweeth... HAHAHAH", Haymitch calls as he drown his own words in laughter.

Oh no. The DVD.

"NO!" I yell and run into the living room.

Oh yes. He's looking at it.

The others comes into the living room after me and I hear Prim laugh as well.

"Oh my god! SANTA CLAUSE!" I yell in the tv, pointing at Cato with his red hat. "Did you shave Santa?"

Oh no.

Everyone but me laughs.

"Peeta you traitor!" I exclaims.

"I'm sorry babe, but it is much funnier now then it was before", he say smiling. "Back then I couldn't laugh because I was worried and I had to take care of you".

"Okay but you can leave now", I say walking out of the living room with Peeta following me.

"What? Why?" Peeta asks confused.

"Because you laughed at me, and you're suppose to be my boyfriend!" I snap.

I don't know why I take this so hard. I mean everyone else laughs and I don't snap at them.