Chapter 47: Graduation part 1

Chapter 47

Katniss P.O.V.

Haymitch pulls into the parking lot. It's hard to find a spot to park the car now that it's overcrowded with cars here. After all it's graduation so of course there are even more cars the usual. It's probably not students cars, but the graduate students parents, grandparents, older siblings and their families... Okay the graduate students whole families and friends and family friends and everything, okay you get it, it's a lot of people.

Haymitch soon finds a spot. I recognize the parked car beside ours. It's the Mellark's car.

"Peeta's here!" I shout. "Bye I see you later after the ceremony and everything".

And so I open the door and run out, leaving, mom, Haymitch and Prim behind in the car.

I see how many people there are streaming into the school building. The people never stops. And now I'm starting to become nervous. I've never sung in front of this many people before. Never. Oh I think I'm gonna be sick.

I sneak between all the people and try to get into the school and to the room the graduate students is going to prepare themselves in, and get the graduate gowns.

Somehow I manage to come into the school and make my way to the room. God I'm really freaking out. It's so many people here tonight.

I find the room and open the door.

Everyone are not here yet. I saw a few trying to get in, just as I did, so I think they'll come soon enough.

Everyone looks at me as I come into the room.

"Hey Katniss!" Annie shouts.

"Hey", I say.

Annie, Finnick and Peeta seems to be the only once from our group here. The others are probably fighting their way into the school at this very moment.

Peeta find his way up to me. He's already in his graduate gown. He's so cute with that cap on his head.

Hi gives me a passionate kiss.

"You look so beautiful Katniss", Peeta says.

"Thank you", I say. "And even with this cap you look hot mister".

Peeta chuckles.

"Well thank you", he smiles.

Annie comes up to me with my gown. Everyone in here are already in their gowns.

Finnick comes and stand beside us.

"Ooo is that a mockingjay Kat?" He asks, looking at the golden bird I have in my hair.

"Yeah, Haymitch got it for me yesterday after I left the hospital, he said it's for protection", I smile. "I could definitely some of that, don't you think?"

They look at me with sad eyes.

"Yeah maybe", Finnick says. "But we're here to protect you, you know".

"I know", I say and smile at the three of them. "But it's nothing wrong with a little extra protection".

"No that's true", Annie smiles.

I put the gown over my glittery black knee long dress. Then I put on the hood and after that I carefully place the cap on my head over the golden mockingjay I have in my hair.

"There, all done", I say.

Peeta smiles and kisses my cheek.

We are suppose to sing after everyone has gotten their diploma. Everyone are going to stand on the stage around us. Annie and Finnick is singing first. Although no one knows that but us. We don't care who wins. We don't even want to do this. But we don't have a choice.