Chapter 20: The first assignment

Chapter 20

Peeta's P.O.V.

What did they say? What did they do? Seriously? A song contest?

"What the hell?" Marvel asks. "Why did you do that?"

"Because we thought that it would be fun to do something together, all of us", Annie says. "I mean, even though we compete against each other, we can practice together and everything".

"And we're doing this in pairs?" Marvel asks, glancing at Glimmer.

He's in love with her. He told me so, I just hope that he'll tell her sometime soon, I mean ... Katniss told me that Glimmer likes him as well, but both of them are to scared to say something.

"So it's gonna be...?" I ask.

"Well, you and Katniss duh", Marvel says and I chuckle.

"Yeah, Cato and Clove", Katniss says. "And you and Glimmer".

"And Jo?"

"Eh... we kind of asked Thresh to be her partner, and he agreed", Clove says looking down at the floor.

I try to keep my laughter away.

"WHAT?" Jo shouts angry.

"Why did you do this to us?" Cato moans.

"Because it'll be fun, so much fun babe", Clove says. "Cheer up now please, we're having the first one today".

"What?"

"And how are we suppose to learn a song until after school, when we have school all day", Marvel asks.

"Everyone who are competing in this gets this day off to practice", Clove says.

I rais my eyebrow. What?

"For real?" Finnick asks.

"Yes, but don't think for a second that you're off the hook, because you're not, we're gonna practice Finnick!" Annie says.

Finnick looks disappointed.

"Okay, love", he says and I laugh.

"Oh so you think that's funny huh?" Katniss asks. "Well, this is a competition after all, we're also gonna practice hard".

I stop laughing immediatly and Finnick smiles winning.

"Eh fuck you Finnick", I say.

"I better go and find Thresh", Jo says frustrated and stomps away.

Katniss starts dragging my arm.

"Come on then Peeta!" She says. "Come on, we need to practice, come on".

"Calm down Katiniss", I say. "Bye everyone!"

"Bye Peeta! Bye Katniss!"

"Bye", Katniss says.

We walk up to my car and starts driving off to her house, apparently no one is home now.

Marvel's P.O.V.

How is this gonna work? Me and Glimmer? I can't concentrate when Glimmer is around, how am I suppose to do this? And Glimmer is kind of a control freak and she wants everything to be perfect all the time. But I gotta admit that I kind of like that about her.

"Are you coming?"

I'm snapped back into reality by Glimmer's angelic voice.

I look around and see that everyone else are gone. Heh oops.

"Oh. Yeah", I say.

Glimmer smiles and I feel my legs starting to shake, but no I can't show her that, so I have to control my legs. It doesn't go very well, but I manage to.