Chapter 11: At the hospital

Chapter 11

Katniss P.O.V.

"PEETA!" I roar and throw myself on the floor beside him.

Blood flows out of his stomach and his eyes roll up in his head while his eyelids flutter.

People starts to gather around us.

"WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE? CALL AN AMBULANCE FOR GODS SAKE!" I roar with tears spraying out of my eyes.

I turn back towards Peeta.

"Peeta stay, stay with me, don't close your eyes, please Peeta!" I scream and him him on the cheeks.

Someone runs towards me. He sits down on his knees beside me.

"Here, girl, let me push this to the wound so the bleeding stops, until the ambulance arrives," he says and puts a shirt against Peeta's bleeding.

"Who are you?" I ask with my tearful voice, I don't care if I'm rude right now.

I cry so much that snot starts flowing from my nose as I try to wipe it off with my hand back.

"Simon Sparrow," he says. "I'm a paramedic."

Sparrow? Sparrow ...

"Are you related to Rue Sparrow, by any chance?" I ask.

Rue is Prim's best friend.

"She's my daughter," he nods, concentrated on Peeta.

"Ka ... kattni ... ss?" I hear Peeta breath out of his mouth.

"Peeta I'm here," I say and hold his hand and squeezes it gently.

"It hurts so much," Peeta whispers almost inaudibly.

"Stay with us, Peeta", Mr. Sparrow says. "Do not close your eyes".

At first I wonder how he can know Peeta's name, but then I realize that the whole town must have heard me scream his name.

I see that his eyes are about to close and I start to panic. That's exactly what Mr. Sparrow told him to avoid a few seconds ago.

"No, Peeta, no, don't close your eyes, please, stay with me, please Peeta," I scream while snot and tears continue to flow.

I hear sirens.

"Peeta, hold on, help is coming now," I say. "Peeta!"

He closed his eyes.

Ambulance men comes running with a stretcher and begin to gently put him up there.

I run after them out to the ambulance.

"What's his name?" The ambulance man asks.

"P-Peeta M-Mellark", I stutter through my tears. "He's family owns the Mellark bakery in town".

They nod and the one of them takes out a cell phone.

"Can I come with you?" I cry.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Mellark," he says.

Mrs. Mellark? What does the idiot mean? Do I look old or something? Where the hell did he get that from?

"We are sixteen! He's my boyfriend, not my husband," I snap.

"Oh, forgive me so much, it ... you just seemed," the ambulance man says without knowing what he should say. "It just seemed like it".

They run into the ambulance and drive away.

I gotta get to the hospital! Now!

Suddenly I break down in tears and the next second I realize I stand by resection of the hospital.