Chapter 36: Life isn't fair

Chapter 36

Katniss P.O.V.

The fire trick stops and Peeta runs past it, still dragging me with him.

We run past it and when we sees what's behind it Peeta screams and falls to the ground.

I bend down and wrap my arms around him as I can't get my eyes off the fire.

The bakery is on fire.

"NOOO!" Peeta screams.

"Oh my god!" I shout.

Peeta turns his head and buries his face into my shirt as he continues to cry and shake.

I stroke his hair as I keep on staring at the fire.

"Oh Katniss I can't believe this", Peeta cries and now my tears starts to flow.

I can't take this. Peetas father and brothers are inside the bakery.

I wrap my arms tighter around Peeta and put my chin on top of his head, as my tears drops down on his hair.

"Baby I'm so sorry", I cry.

"Oh Katniss no, I can't believe this..." He cries and buries his face deeper into my shirt. "Pleases tell me that this is t happening"

Peeta begs. He pleads and begs for this not to be real.

My heart breaks into even more million pieces. Poor my Peeta. Poor Peetas family. Oh god. Why did this happen?

"Katniss please tell me that this is not real", Peeta begs.

What am I gonna do? Even if I lie to him he knows I'm lying so it's no use anyways.

"I'm so sorry sweetie", I cry. "I'm so sorry".

"Nooo..." Peeta cries and screams in a high pitched voice.

I hug him even tighter.

Now his arms sneaks around my waist and he hugs me back.

We're just sitting here on the ground hugging each other and crying.

Peeta has lost his whole family. His abusive mother is going to be send to jail soon and now his father and brothers burned inside the bakery.

Life isn't fair. It's really not. Life. Is. Not. Fair.

"Oh Katniss what am I gonna do?" Peeta cries.

"Holy shit! What the fuck you guys?!" I hear a way to familiar voice scream.

I look up and see Jake stand there with big eyes looking at the bakery.

Wait what? He's not in the bakery?

"Jake?" I ask.

Peeta hears me and he looks up.

"Oh my god!" Peeta yells and stands up as he throws his arms around his brother. "I thought you weredead!"

"No we were at costumers", Jake says and I get angry.

I stand up.

"And why the fuck didn't you call to say that asshole?!" I yell. "We fucking thought you burned inside the bakery!"

I start to hit Jake with my fists as tears flow down my eyes.

"How could you do that to Peeta?! You should've told him!"

"Holy crap! The bakery!" I hear Philip yell.

"Oh no what happened?" Says the familiar voice if Mr. Mellark.

They're all alive. I can't believe this.

"Hey why am I the only one to get hit by Katniss?" Jake asks.

"Because you're the asshole!" I scream but I stop and dive into Peetas arms.

"How am I the asshole in this situation?" Jake asks.

"I don't know you just are!" I say choked because my mouth is deeply buried into Peetas chest.

"My bakery!" Mr. Mellark yells.

Now I'm not angry. I just feel bad for Mr. Mellark.

He didn't deserve this. He's bakery is burning up before our eyes. Before his eyes.

"Well I've heard about singing around the fire with your family..." Jake says. "But this is a little overdone".

"And this is why you're the asshole, asshole!" Peeta yells. "We fucking thought you were dead and you say that?!"

"Okay you're right, I'm sorry", Jake says, sounding sorry. "I'm sorry it must have been horrible".

"It was", I say looking up. "It was like seeing family die, before my eyes and even worse for Peeta".

But now I react on what I said. I called them family.

And this is when all the four Mellark boys hugs me all at the same time.

I'm just happy they're not dead.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

✏️685✏️

Okay be honest you guys... Who of you thought that they were dead in the beginning of this chapter?

I wouldn't do that to you, I'm not that mean, I promise ;)

I know it was a short one but it's New Year and I didn't have a lot of time.

By the way it's 2014 here in Sweden now som in just gonna say HAPPY NEE YEAR!!!🎉🎉

Well please vote and comment guys :)

-Josephine xx