Love Me Like You Do

The next morning, Jay surprised everyone

The next morning, Jay surprised everyone. Luckily for Jes and Antonio, they were already up, showered and dressed when he arrived.

"Hey!" Jay greeted them. "Happy to be getting back to normal?"

Antonio nodded. "Damn straight. I don't want another undercover gig for a while. Your sister has been saving grace."

Jes' cheeks reddened. "It's really no problem."

"Saved me having to worry about my house blowing up or being levelled."

Jay laughed. "Well, I'd have to say it's a valid point. So, sis, how're things lining up with P2K?"

"Everything's ordered. Once it's all delivered, we'll set it up and begin training staff. Most of the staff will be volunteer but still. Then we can hopefully have our Grand Opening.  I'm aiming for about 3 weeks to a month from now?"

"I'm so proud of you, sis!" Jay ruffled her hair.

She batter at his hands. "Hey! I just styled it!"

"What? Got a hot date or something?" He wondered if this question would set her off.

Antonio quickly swallowed his coffee while Jes glared at her brother. "If I did?"

Jay put his hands up. "Woah, sheesh. Touch a nerve?" Maybe Erin was onto something.

"So what if I had a date?" Jes crossed her arms.

"Just be careful... and make sure he's good to you." Jay buttered a bagel. "Want me to run a background check on the guy?"

"You wanna run a background check on me?" Jacquie asked.

Jay turned to the back door. "Uh, I thought you were seeing Kevin? Plus, I didn't think you went that way?"

"Haha!" Jacquie snorted. She washed her hands. "It's a girls' night. We're going to a wine and painting thing. Jes is into the painting and I'll drink the wine. It's our catch-up time." She punched Jay's arm. "You got a problem with that?"

Jay put his hands up in defense. "Nope. I'm all good. Sorry for, uh, jumping to conclusions. So you and Atwater?"

"Jay!" Jes hissed. "Who anyone dates isn't any of your business. Or would you like me to ask about you and Erin?"

"There's nothing there, sis!"

"Ha!" Antonio laughed. "Bullshit!"

Jay glared at him. "We can't do anything, so... we're ... we're not...."

"Jay, piece of advice..." Jes smiled slyly. "You don't get to butt your nose into any of our business if you're out there sampling the forbidden fruit."

That shut Jay up. It was good timing because Eva and Diego were just walking into the kitchen. "Hey Uncle Jay!" They greeted him.

"Hey guys! How you been? My little sister treating you guys alright?"