Stitches

The sting had gone well

The sting had gone well. They were going after Blue and his thugs in the morning. Antonio had had the pleasure of taunting the club manager with the knowledge of who had really stolen the dope. They knew he'd flip because, honestly... who'd believe that the cops took their drugs. He packed up and headed home. He wanted to see the kids and Jes before they headed to P2K. They had started to get into a routine and he wanted to be a part of it. He wasn't even up the porch steps when Diego and Eva ran out to greet him.

"Hey! Guys... what's going on?"

"You're home." Eva sighed contently.

"Yes, yes, I'm home. I generally do come home." Antonio was confused. "Is everything okay?"

Jes appeared in the doorway. "They worry about you, Antonio."

He hugged the kids and ran up the steps to kiss Jes. "I know. I... I'm just not used to... to this..."

"Hey," She caressed his face. "This is our new reality. It's going to take time to get used to."

"You are amazing, you know that?"

"Someone's maybe mentioned that before... Detective." She grinned mischievously.

"Oh, Jes..." His voice was husky with desire.

"Uh... Dad?" Diego's voice came from behind him.

Antonio sighed. "Right, breakfast... let's go." He ruffled Diego's hair as he ran past him to the kitchen. "Come on, Eva. You need breakfast."

Eva was blushing. "Dad, I think you and Jes need to learn that we're still here."

"Hey, like Jes said... we're all still adjusting to our new lives."

Jes nodded. "Come on, let's get to those waffles before your brother devours them all, and all we've got left is bagels."

Eva grinned and ran into the house. Antonio looked to Jes. "You made these two waffles? I'll never get any." He laughed and took off after the kids.

Jes shook her head. "I think I have three kids instead of two kids and one boyfriend." She called after them. She watched as a black Escalade rolled down their street and she closed the door. "Hey, I want at least half a waffle!"

Once they'd had breakfast, Jes and Antonio went to shower and change while Diego and Eva cleared the table before getting ready to go to P2K with Jes.

Antonio was scrubbing Jes' back with body wash when she asked. "Do we know anyone with a black Escalade?"

"Other than Voight?"

"This one wasn't matte black. It was a really jacked up, glossy one."

Antonio stopped and turned Jes to face him. "When did you see this?"

"This morning. Saw it the other day when I was coming home from getting groceries at the market, too."

Antonio sighed. He grabbed the showerhead and rinsed her back. "Okay, none of my neighbours own one of those. Can you keep an eye out for it, and try and get a plate number for it?"