When I See You Again

Antonio turned in horror as Jes slid to the ground

Antonio turned in horror as Jes slid to the ground. He dropped the knife had into the sink and ran to her side. The kids froze in place. "Jes... Jes... baby... talk to me. What's wrong?" He looked to the phone on the ground. He could hear a voice still coming from it. He picked it up. "Hello?"

"Detective... is Jeslyn alright?" Don's shaky voice came over the line.

Antonio looked to his future wife. "No, she's not. What the hell did you just tell her?"

"I just got to Allen Grey about 10 minutes ago and Paul passed away moments before I got here."

"What? How?"

"I don't know... Jeslyn's aunt is here and let's just say... this isn't a pretty picture."

"We'll be right there." Antonio said.

"I'll stay here and make sure that nothing is done before you get here."

Antonio hit 'end' and pulled Jes into his arms. "Baby, we have to go... you need to say good-bye."

"But...I just found him again... now..." She sobbed. "He's gone... I never..."

Antonio looked to the kids. "Put the stuff that can go bad in the fridge... get your coats and let's go..." They didn't need to be told twice. Antonio helped Jes to her feet. "Come on, love. Let's go. You need to be able to say good-bye."

"It's not fair."

"I know, mi amor... I know." He put her coat on and then helped her get her boots on. By this point, the kids had put everything away and were waiting for them. Antonio grabbed the keys to the Jeep, locked the front door and they headed out into the snowy night.

  Antonio grabbed the keys to the Jeep, locked the front door and they headed out into the snowy night

They arrived quickly and safely. They ran past the desk and to the elevators. The whole mood in the building was one of sadness. Don met them at the elevator.

He hugged Jes. "I'm so sorry, Jeslyn."

Jes could only nod. She was at a complete loss for words. Antonio took her arm and together they went into Paul's room. He kept Jes close when he saw Yvette standing next to Paul's bed. When she saw Jes, Antonio, Don and the kids, she hastily left the room. Olaf the cat was on the foot of the bed. It was as if even the cat had lost someone he loved.