Demons

Hank drove in silence while Erin tapped her fingers on the dash

Hank drove in silence while Erin tapped her fingers on the dash.  Neither of them really wanted to have to deliver the news that they were about to.  Al and Adam had taken the suspect to the cage.  Jay's bullet had been a through and through to the shoulder.  The paramedics bandaged him up and released him into Intelligence's custody.  The whole team was heading to Med.  They needed to get news on Jes. 

Jay and Antonio were pacing outside of the Trauma room

Jay and Antonio were pacing outside of the Trauma room.  Nobody was going to tell them to go anywhere else.  Gaby arrived soon after.  She knew that this was going to be hard on both of them.  Sylvie had warned her that what had happened to Jes was beyond the stuff that made up nightmares.  The instant Antonio saw his sister; he rushed to her and hugged her tightly.  No words needed to be spoken.  Together they waited for any news that could come from this.  Gaby also knew she had to keep her brother in the dark about what she'd just left at the waterfront... Voight was going to have to tell him about it.  One by one, all of Intelligence and most of Truck 81 and Squad 3 came into the waiting area.  It was eerily quiet.  Voight turned to Erin and shook his head.  He wasn't going to be delivering any news until they knew something about Jes' condition.

Minutes turned into an hour.  Suddenly the trauma room doors crashed open and Jes was wheeled towards the elevator.  Jay and Antonio jumped from their seats to follow.  Voight and Al jumped into action.  They jumped in front of them.

"Let me see her!"  Antonio struggled against Voight.

"Damn it, Al!  Get out of my way!"  Jay went to punch him.  "That's my sister."

Kevin grabbed his fist and prevented him from clocking Al.  "Jay, bro... we know... but... you can't do anything for her right now.  You just have to wait."

Antonio broke down.  He collapsed against Voight's shoulder and wept.  Voight, for the first time since Camille died, felt completely lost.  Antonio and Jay were like sons to him, yet there was nothing he could do to help them.  "'Tonio."  Voight said.  "Come on.  Let's sit down until the doc comes.  She's got the very best looking after her."

"I didn't... I couldn't protect her."  Antonio whispered.

"Hey, Antonio... don't, bro... don't go there."  Voight rubbed his back.  "Don't.  You can't blame yourself for what that psychopath did.  You and Jay, you got her back.  She's tough, she's going to get through this."