Stand By Me

2 weeks after the match

"Yeah. Uh huh." Antonio was pacing the break room at work. Asher had called and was still going on about the plans for Friday. "Got it. I'll pick you guys up at eight." He ended the call. "Finally." He left the break room to go collect his things. The work environment was back to normal and he and Jes were finally going to sit down with Jacquie to discuss their decision with housing. Jes had agreed to move in with him. He sighed. While Jay was perfectly fine with them dating, Antonio wasn't sure he'd be thrilled about them living together. He'd told Jes that he was going to tell Jay about the plan.

"I don't want to have another boxing match because we kept this a secret." He had argued.

Jes hadn't been able to counter that argument.

He saw Jay enter the locker room. He took a deep breath and headed in after him. "Hey, Jay."

"Hey, Antonio."

"Can we talk?" Antonio prayed this wouldn't blow up in his face. "It's about Jes."

Jay froze, then turned. "You do something to hurt her?"

"No! God, no!" Antonio answered. "I ever hurt her, you have my permission to shoot me with my own gun."

"I'll hold you to that." Jay went back to pulling stuff from his locker. "What's up?"

"Uh, I don't want any more secrets, so... I figured I'd tell you first. Jes is moving in with me."

Jay closed his locker. He just stared at Antonio. "Isn't that a little soon? You've only been together three months."

"Jay, come on. She's a grown woman." Antonio straddled the bench.

"She just bought her place. What about that?"

"We're sitting down tonight to hash out all the details."

Jay sat across from him. "The kids?"

"On board."

"Does Laura know?"

Antonio glared at him. "You're her handler. Has she told you anything?"

Jay shook his head. "No."

"Good. She wants to talk to the kids, but they're still pissed at her. My conversations with her are short and to the point." Antonio stretched his neck. "She's not going to ruin what I have with your sister. Nothing will."

"Fair enough." Jay sighed. "If she's happy, then I'm good."

"Thanks, man." Antonio got up to leave.

"Antonio."

He froze.

"She loves you. I was blind not to see that."

"Jay, just know... I'll do right be her. Always."

"Antonio, usually... traditionally is more like it... people get married before they live together."