Drag Me Down

A/N: Well, we had one heck of a roller coaster ride in the last few chapters... but now, let's give Jes, Jacquie and everyone else a little break.  I promise!  Let me know what you think!

Jes was just getting a better handle on her morning sickness

Jes was just getting a better handle on her morning sickness.  The cure... was crackers!  She kept some with her at all times.  She didn't need the prescription as much anymore.  She was almost in month 4 of the pregnancy.  That meant that some of these symptoms would be easing up any day, providing she was going to have a typical pregnancy.  She was pacing in the kitchen when Jacquie joined her in the main house.

"Jes, what are you pacing for?"  Jacquie asked.

"Because... I'm nervous."  Jes admitted.

"For what?"

"What day is it?"  Jes pointed to the calendar.

Jacquie looked closely.  "The 3rd."

"What did we say we were doing on the 3rd?"

Jacquie had to think about it.  "Oh my GOD!  I can't believe I forgot!"

"Forgot about what?"  Jay and Will came into the kitchen, yawning.  "What's with all the shrieking?"

"We're not shrieking!"  Jes said a little louder than she had originally meant to.

"Really?"  Will put his fingers in his ears.  "Because that sure as hell sounds like shrieking."

Jes stuck her tongue out. 

"Real mature, Jes."  Jay kissed her cheek.  "Don't forget, you're going to be a mommy in a few months."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know.  No need to remind me."  Jes nibbled on a cracker.

"Still got the morning sickness?"  Will asked as he poured some cereal into a bowl.

"It's not as bad... the crackers help."  Jes said, taking a sip of apple juice.

"So, again... what did Jacquie forget?"  Jay asked.