What Ifs

Once they'd gotten back home from their latest adventure, Eva took off to her room and slammed the door

Once they'd gotten back home from their latest adventure, Eva took off to her room and slammed the door. Jes knew that she was frustrated because of everything that had happened.

"I'll go talk to her." Antonio kissed Jes' cheek. "Don't blame yourself for this."

"I'm the one who landed in a hospital bed again." Jes replied. "I'm the one who ruined our mini vacation."

"You didn't know..."

"I should have... I could've hurt Jon... I could've gotten us all killed if I'd been driving when that happened."

"But you didn't!" He put down Mateo's carrier and took Jon's from Jes. He pulled her into his arms. "Jeslyn, you need to not let this keep haunting you... you... we have to move forward as a family."

Jes didn't say what she was feeling. She knew it would only cause more anger and pain. She nodded into his shoulder. "I'm trying."

"I know you are... maybe you should make an appointment to see Dr. Charles again." He suggested.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea." Jes sniffled. "I'll do that... maybe you should go check on Eva."

"Yeah." He kissed her and went to check on Eva.

Jes looked down at their twins. They were sleeping peacefully. She wished that all their children could be this happy and peaceful. She went back to the door to see what was taking Diego so long to come in. She smiled when she saw him helping one of their elderly neighbours to bring in her groceries. She went back to get the twins out of their carriers and set back to trying to get things normal again.

  She went back to get the twins out of their carriers and set back to trying to get things normal again

"Eva?" Antonio knocked on her bedroom door. "Eva, can I come in?"

"Whatever."

Antonio slowly opened her door. "Can we talk?"

"You can." Eva was pulling things from her suitcase and putting them away.

"I know you're upset..."

"Upset?!" Eva slammed a drawer shut. "That's what you think I am? Upset?"

Antonio didn't know how to reply.