You Are Not Alone

"So

"So... what exactly happened that you couldn't talk about it back at the District?" Jes asked as she unlocked the house door.

"Inside." Antonio motioned for her to get inside. He had no clue if they'd had a shadow follow them home.

"Antonio."

He closed the door behind them and set the alarm. "Let's go to the kitchen."

Jes was genuinely concerned about how Antonio was acting. She knew that there was no way in hell that Antonio knew about Gaby being pregnant. "Antonio, you're scaring me."

Antonio stopped. "I'm sorry, babe." He pulled her into his arms. "Tonight has just..."

"Been a shit show?" Jes concluded.

"Yeah." Antonio kissed her forehead. "First, Matt tried to solve this... then he gets kidnapped and his source was murdered... then you and Gaby show up..."

"Antonio." She put her finger to his mouth. "What's the FBI doing here?"

"Nesbitt... the guy Matt swears is in on the trafficking ring? Yeah... he's an FBI informant."

"No!" Jes exclaimed. "What the fuck?!"

"You're telling me... I'm pretty sure Voight wanted to throttle him when he was in there with that smug look on his dumb face." Antonio went to the fridge and grabbed a beer. "Want one?"

"I want something harder." Jes went to the liquor cabinet. She grabbed the bottle of Barcélo Imperial Rum and poured a double. "After tonight, I definitely need it."

Antonio stared at his wife. It wasn't often he saw Jes have more than wine or the odd cooler. If she was doing a double of some of the best Dominican Rum, tonight really had to have been a shit show. "Uh, before you go and get wasted on me... where are the kids?"

"Sleep over at Uncle Will's." Jes sipped her rum. "And I'm not getting wasted. I just... After everything, I really need something stronger than a beer or a cooler."

"You wanna tell me about why Gaby showed up here in the first place?" Antonio put the bottle of rum back in the cabinet and led Jes to the island. "You never really told me more than 'girl troubles'."

Jes sighed and downed the rest of the rum. "That's all I can tell you."

"Jes... we said no secrets."

"Yeah, I know... but literally, I can't tell you more than what you already know."

"I know nothing."

Jes shook her head. "She's reconsidering this whole 'not really in a relationship' thing with Matt... add in the mess we found at Matt's and well, everything got shot into overdrive."

"I warned her about that choice."

"Antonio... she's your sister... do you really think she'll listen?"