Kiss Good Night

A/N: Okay, so I know I have owed you guys a chapter for a few weeks now

A/N: Okay, so I know I have owed you guys a chapter for a few weeks now... and I do apologize for taking so long.  I am in the middle of a job switch.  I have gone from being a full-time high school teacher to finishing my online college course to doing my internship as a medical assistant.  The hours are better and the stress level is way lower.  I'm so, so, so sorry for taking this long to update.  Usually, I try to update at least once a week.  I will be making more of an effort to get at least one chapter a week up.  Please let me know what you think.  I'm trying to rush through these few episodes from Season 2 that weren't my favourites from that season.

  I'm trying to rush through these few episodes from Season 2 that weren't my favourites from that season

They landed at Midway just before 3 in the morning.  Luckily for them, Jay had picked up Jes' Journey and was meeting them at the airport.  They hadn't wanted to disturb anyone else, but Jay insisted that he meet them.  Jes knew he was missing her.  She had missed him too.  So much had happened in the last couple months.  She had lost and gained in her family and she'd come to realize that even though it seemed like the world was out to get her, it definitely wasn't the case.  After they'd cleared customs, they headed straight to the Arrivals exit of the airport.  They saw Jay standing next to Jes' Journey.  He ran to greet them.

"Hey!"  He exclaimed, wrapping his arms around his little sister and kissed her on the cheek.  "I'm so glad your home."

"I'm glad to be home too, Jay."  She laughed.

"Was the flight good?"

"It was better than when we went down."  Antonio said as he began to put their bags in the bag of the SUV.  "The kids slept, but I think they're still wiped."

"Yeah, I don't doubt it."  Jay said, pulling open one of the side doors.  "Alright, guys.  Let's get you home to bed."

The kids didn't need to be asked twice.  They clambered into the Journey, buckled up and were sound asleep again.

"Oh, to be young again."  Jes snickered.  "How are things here?"

"Well, Burgess is coming back to work tomorrow... and I don't know if Antonio told you, but Erin left."