Halo

A/N: This chapter takes places over the days leading up to Christmas

A/N: This chapter takes places over the days leading up to Christmas. Let me know what you think. As always, please read and review.

  As always, please read and review

December 20...

They woke up feeling refreshed. They hadn't set an alarm and for the first time ever, they'd slept in past 8. Antonio helped Jes get dressed and they headed downstairs to the kitchen. Antonio set to making breakfast while Jes slowly set the table. She felt a little useless as her cutting arm was currently sitting in a cast for the next 4 to 6 weeks.

"Argh!" She exclaimed. "This is nuts."

Antonio turned to face her. "What are you talking about?"

"I can't do anything." Jes slumped down into a chair. "It doesn't matter what arm I break, I'm screwed... left... I can't write... right arm... I can't cook."

"Baby, it's only for another few weeks."

"It still sucks." She was pouty. She sighed. "I'm sorry. We're supposed to be on holidays."

Antonio poured the egg mixture into the skillet, washed his hands and knelt next to her. "Babe, I think it's a little more than the cast..."

"Hormones? Already?"

"It's possible." He kissed her hand. "Don't forget, every pregnancy is as unique as the woman going through it."

"Can you... can you tell me what Laura's were like?"

Antonio sighed. "Babe, you really want to hear that?"

She nodded. "It's your baby... maybe... maybe they'll be similar."

Antonio shrugged. "I wasn't around much for either one... I know she had morning sickness pretty bad... but that only lasted until about week 24 or so... then uh... I don't know much else... babe... I wasn't really around much... I spent so much time undercover that... I almost missed both of them being born."

Jes hung her head. "Oh."

"Jes, I'm not doing that... not this time. It's going to be different. I'm going to be by your side the whole time. I'll use whatever time I have in furlough... I'll take personal time... I'm not making that mistake ever again." He kissed her. "I promise you... my family is now my top priority."