Todo de Mi

Jes' heart was racing

Jes' heart was racing. Everything she had worked up to, especially in the last two weeks,  was now coming to fruition. She was pacing her living room. P2K's Grand Opening and Gala was tonight. She was on pins and needles. She jumped as her phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hey Jes," Jay laughed. "Antsy much?"

"Very funny. Where are you?"

"On my way. Jes?"

"Yeah."

"I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks, big brother."

"So you got your big speech ready?"

"No."

"You're a teacher. How are you not prepared?"

Her doorbell rang and she ran to answer it. "Jay!" She hissed as she ended her call. "Come in."

"Again, how do you, Super Teacher, not have your speech planned?" Jay hugged his sister tightly.

"Uh, because like in teaching, some days you just wing it and fly by the seat of your pants."

"Interesting. You all ready for tonight?"

"Just need to get my shoes." She turned to her brother. "You clean up nice."

"Thanks sis." Jay was grinning. He was all cleaned up in a chic black suit with a crisp teal shirt and black tie. "You look gorgeous. Should've I brought a bat?"

"Why?"

"To beat off all the guys who'll be hitting on you."

"Oh." She laughed. "No, I'm good. I kinda figured that being surrounded by Intelligence was enough security. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Antonio is like my permanent bodyguard at these things from now on. His words. Something about owing you?"

Jay shrugged. "Yeah, true." He took a moment to admire his sister's outfit. "New dress?"

Jes spun around. The ruby gown was sleek and shimmered in the light.  The sweetheart neckline accented her choice in jewelry.  A sheer strap crossed over one shoulder.  Her necklace was a single teardrop diamond.  Her earring matched the necklace perfectly.  She bent down to slip on her heels, causing the slit in the skirt to open almost up to her hip.

"That slit is a little high, don't ya think?"

"Oh! I'm sorry... I didn't realize you'd been promoted to 'dad'." Jes punched Jay's shoulder. "Let's go." She said as she grabbed her purse and sheer black bolero.

"What about your partner in crime... Jacquie?"

"Kevin's picking me up!" Jacquie called out from upstairs.

"Okay!" Jay shouted back. He extended his arm to Jes. "Shall we?"

 "Shall we?"