The Thunder Rolls

Antonio was so thankful that the trip back up to Alberta had been uneventful

Antonio was so thankful that the trip back up to Alberta had been uneventful. The twins had cried on the initial take-off and landing, but considering they were only 2 and a bit months old, that was to be expected. They were also being kept busy with their grandmother and Jay. Diego and Eva watched the in-flight movies. Jes had brought her iPad to read. When Antonio had asked her why she wanted to read on the plane, Jes had answered, "I haven't been able to read since the boys were born, I'd like to read and catch up on my books before the new season starts on TV." Antonio just laughed. He knew that the next month would fly by. Jes had decided to postpone their family trip until the next summer. She had said that it was better to go in the late spring or early summer to get the best experience. Antonio wasn't going to argue. He didn't know what the plan was. They would stay for a couple weeks, go back to Chicago and then fly back up for the Canadian Thanksgiving. Jes wanted to be up when Jacquie was due. Antonio had already cleared it with Hank. His parents were most likely coming up as well. The kids had been surprised to know that Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving so much sooner than the Americans.

"Do they have Black Friday there too?" Eva had asked.

Jes' response was joined by laughter. "Our Thanksgiving falls on a Monday... we do end up with Black Friday sales, but after the American Thanksgiving... when the sales are on there too."

Eva had been a little disappointed. Diego didn't care. He was looking forward to the idea of two Thanksgivings. Antonio was thankful that his mother had volunteered to come up right away to help watch the kids while Jes and he finished the details for the wedding.

The plane was now docked at the airport and it was time to disembark. Antonio grabbed the carry-ons from the overhead bins, while Jes took Mateo from Constanza. Jay took Jonathan and they headed out. Once in the airport, they made their way through security. It went much faster this time as Jay and Antonio had decided to leave their guns at home. They didn't plan on or expect trouble this time around. Once through, they were greeted by Damien and Vinessa.

Vinessa ran towards them and hugged Eva and Diego tightly. "I missed you guys!"

The kids were excited and gabbing amongst themselves. Jes hugged Damien. "How's Jacquie?"

"Uh, well... depends on the day... right now, Meg is driving her nuts about baby details."

"Oh boy." Jes sighed. "Did you bring the Jeep?"

Damien nodded. "Yeah. We brought it and I arranged another vehicle for Jay to use... and I guess, I'll ride back with him and the older kids?"

Antonio laughed as he shook Damien's hand. "Yeah... turns out babies need a lot of stuff."

"Don't I know, Jacquie, Meg and Vinessa have gone baby shopping since they got back here and oh Lord... I don't remember you girls needing that much stuff when you were babies."