Stand By You

It had been over a month since they'd gotten back from New York

It had been over a month since they'd gotten back from New York. The boys were home and everyone was adjusting well. Jes had physically recovered from the attack, but was still dealing with the emotional aspect of it. She had been able to deal with the emotions during the day, but once the kids were asleep, it was a whole other ball game. In the last couple weeks, Antonio had been busy with a coffee shop that had gotten blown to smithereens. They had finally caught the bomber, but Kevin had left a soda can in the interrogation room. The bomber then used the can to kill himself. Kevin was then stripped of his role in Intelligence and put back on Patrol with Roman as his partner. Kim had been detailed up to Intelligence until Kevin got back in Voight's good books. Since they had been back, Jay and Jes hadn't really spoken. Jes didn't want to push anything with Jay, but she still felt that he'd rather be with Erin than with his family. When she brought this up with Will, his only response was that it was Jay.

Jes was putting the twins' freshly cleaned clothes away when she heard the garage door open. Antonio was home. She put the clothes away and headed to greet him. The kids were doing homework and the twins were sleeping in their swings in the living room.

"Hey, babe." Antonio kissed her. "How was everything today?"

"Well, the twins decided to take turns on puking on me... then they'd take turns dirtying their diaper. I'm starting to question my choice of cloth diapers."

"Your argument was that disposables are bad for the environment and too expensive." He reminded her.

"I know... It's better for them, but oye! It's insane how much laundry I did today... most of it was theirs."

He kissed her forehead again. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good. I made an appointment to see Dr. Charles tomorrow."

"Is it helping?"

"Well, Olivia recommended it. She said it really helped her and she's a sergeant."

"Then, I can watch the kids while you're gone."

"Oh, that's one thing we'll never have to worry about."

"What's that?" Antonio hung his jacket in the hall closet.

"Child care... between Gaby, your parents, Jacquie, Will, Rhea... they all want to babysit... even Eva is saying that she's able to babysit."

"Well, she is 14..." Antonio reminded Jes.

"Your parents are gonna come by tomorrow while I go. They brought gifts for all the kids from their latest trip to the Dominican."

"Oh boy." Antonio groaned. "They better have remembered my coffee and my rum."

Jes just laughed. "I have no clue... you can talk to them about it tomorrow... wait... are you off tomorrow?"