I Do

Jes was frantic

Jes was frantic.  She watched in horror as her brother was being loaded into the ambulance.  Gaby hopped in and slammed the door closed.  The ambulance pulled away.  Jes turned to Damien.  "We have to follow him!"

"Jes, we need to make sure the roads are even safe right now."  Damien reminded her.

"But..."

"Babe, just, breathe... focus here... okay... Jay has the best people taking care of him... he's going to be fine."

Jes was shivering as the rain poured down.  "I wanna see the kids."

"Then let's go."  Kevin nodded.

They ran back to the guest house and like Gaby had said, there was no damage.  Jes ran into the house.  "Eva!  Diego!  Mama!"

Eva poked her head around the corner.  "Mom!"  She yelled into the kitchen.  "Guys!  They're back!"

There was a stampede of footsteps as the kids rushed towards their parents.  Antonio and Jes hugged their children tightly.  They were so thankful to know that their children were safe.

"Where are the twins?"  Antonio asked.

"Abuela has them."  Diego said.  "They actually slept through the whole thing."

"Are you guys okay?"  Eva asked.

"We're fine, a little bruised and soaking wet but we're fine."  Antonio reassured her.

"Where are Uncle Jay and Tia Gaby?"  Eva looked behind them.

"Um..."  Antonio looked to Jes.

Jes sighed.  "Uncle Jay got a little hurt when he fell on some rubble when he rescued us... the medics just wanted to make sure he was fine."

"Oh."  Eva looked to the adults.  She wasn't sure if she bought this, but it did make sense.  "But why did Tia Gaby go with him?"

"Same thing."  Antonio jumped in.  "There was some rocks that hit her, and they just wanted to be safe.  Don't worry, they'll be back soon enough."

That seemed to settle everyone down.  Kevin went to check on Jacquie to make sure this hadn't sent her into premature labour.  The kids went to go play board games with Damien, Meg and Vinessa.  Antonio and Jes went to check on the twins.

"Oh, Dios mio!"  Constanza rushed to hug them as soon as she saw them.

"Mami... can't breathe."  Antonio gasped.

"I'm sorry, hijo... but I was so scared."

"We're fine.  The medics checked us both out, nothing wrong... other than a bump on the head and some minor scrapes and bruises."

"Where's Gaby?  And Jay?"

Jes answered.  "At the hospital... Jay fell and got hurt against some rubble while saving Antonio."