Love The Way You Lie

Antonio headed into work the next morning praying that they got somewhere with this case

Antonio headed into work the next morning praying that they got somewhere with this case.  He felt uneasy on how cocky this Gish character was.  He was even more uncomfortable when Jes had mentioned her gut feeling.  She was never wrong when she got those.  That meant something was going to go down.  He was deep in thought when Kevin appeared in the bull pen. 

"Hey, 'Tonio... everything okay?"  Kevin asked.

"Hey, Kev... yeah.  Just... thinking... wait... what the hell are you doing here?  Didn't you just get married last night?"

Kevin laughed.  "Yeah, and my wife told me to catch this prick before we go on our honeymoon."

"Ah..."  Antonio snickered.  "I guess both our women get what they want."

"How long you been here, man?"

"Since 6."

"Didn't you sleep?"

"No, he didn't."  Jes appeared at the bottom of the stairs.  "He kept me up too... so... here's some breakfast for all of you... and I'm going to go and meet up with Jacquie.  She's coming back to P2K now... since she doesn't have to worry about planning a wedding anymore."

"Fair enough."  Antonio took the basket that Jes handed him.  "Exactly who are you all feeding with this?"

"Whoever needs it."  Jes sighed.  "Just promise me you're gonna catch this son of a bitch.  I'd like my life back to normal."

"What's Jacquie always say about normal?"  Kevin teased.

"Atwater... not today."  Jes groaned.  "I can't have coffee or any form of caffeine so it's going to be a very long day."

"Sorry, baby."  Antonio kissed her cheek.  "I really am.  We'll get him..."

"Preferably before he blows up anymore of my squad cars."  Platt came up the stairs.  "I smelled breakfast."

"Help yourself, Trudy."  Jes smiled.  "There's breakfast taquitos in there, some breakfast sandwiches, cinnamon buns... pretty much everything."

"Very nice."  Trudy hugged her.  "Thank you."  She turned to Antonio.  "Food.  Now, Dawson."

Antonio just shook his head and handed her the basket.  For some reason, Jes got away with calling his superiors by their first names and had them all wrapped around her little finger.  "Here, Sarge.  You get first pick."

Trudy grinned and pulled out one of the breakfast taquitos and a cinnamon bun and headed back to her desk.  "Thanks again, Jes.  See ya around."

"What is it about you that makes our bosses like you so much?"  Kevin asked.  He was as perplexed as Antonio was on that subject.

"I'm just nice to them."  Jes shrugged.  "Gotta go.  Jacquie's waiting for me to pick her up."

"Can you two stay out of trouble today?"  Antonio asked as he unwrapped one of the cinnamon buns.